Victoria - Toolangi - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-05-2009
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

noojee tomorrow of luv...............
Old 22-05-2009
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

problem is no gemmy or touche
Old 20-10-2010
Norwegian Racing Sardine

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmm, consulted the Gregory's 4WD weekends book; as much as Eildon is an easy fishin' trip away it's just way too familiar. Result was obviously Toolangi, have checked other threads on Toolangiand it looks like tracks should be open althoughthe mention of "seasonal closures" didn't ring a bell so any info would be appreciated.

The plan is to head up through Toolangi Saturday early arvo and find a nice spot beside the Murrindindi to wet a line (or 4) and camp for the night. I'm intending to ditch the (full syk) subwooofer in favour of the (virgin Stihl(chainsaw)) so don't mind a little track work although would appreciate any feedback on these tracks none the less. Will also have the infamous 1:10 scale MJOC TJ with me so hope to find some nice natural rock outcrops or even creek crossings (as long as the trout are not disturbed).

Looking forward to the insecurity of a non club trip (it's been a while), please feel free to unleash any ghoolies as required/available.
Old 21-10-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdans View Post
Hmm, consulted the Gregory's 4WD weekends book; as much as Eildon is an easy fishin' trip away it's just way too familiar. Result was obviously Toolangi, have checked other threads on Toolangiand it looks like tracks should be open althoughthe mention of "seasonal closures" didn't ring a bell so any info would be appreciated.

The plan is to head up through Toolangi Saturday early arvo and find a nice spot beside the Murrindindi to wet a line (or 4) and camp for the night. I'm intending to ditch the (full syk) subwooofer in favour of the (virgin Stihl(chainsaw)) so don't mind a little track work although would appreciate any feedback on these tracks none the less. Will also have the infamous 1:10 scale MJOC TJ with me so hope to find some nice natural rock outcrops or even creek crossings (as long as the trout are not disturbed).

Looking forward to the insecurity of a non club trip (it's been a while), please feel free to unleash any ghoolies as required/available.
G'day mate, there are quite a few good tracks in Toolangi. I haven't been there for a while though (even though I live less than 10 minutes from there!).

Depends on how capable your car is, but Rocky Track is a challenge. There is also an established camp site and a river you can camp. There is also Robertson state forest which is only 10-15 minutes from there too (there are a lot of easy-medium fire trails)
Old 21-10-2010
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dan, If you start at Rocky track, keep right, it is the chicken rack but left boarders on A grade depending on the weather. Aeroplane track can be a challenge depending on the amount of moisture around. Check out Vic Range Track but last time I was there they had graded it but there are still some holes along it. drop into the tavern for lunch on the way. When you going?

Ian
Old 21-10-2010
Norwegian Racing Sardine

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys, thanks for the info!

Ian: planning to hit the dirt late Saturday morning (the tavern sounds like a plan) so we can have a bit of a drive then scope out a nice fishing/camping spot and fish some cold ones out of the fridge.

Come on up, bring Riley and the crawler
Old 21-10-2010
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

can't this weekend, got to work, let us know how you go.

Next time if i can

Ian
Post New Thread  Reply