Civilian Owned Firearms, what do we think? - Page 30 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-10-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdefender View Post
What will yous want to ban next? Few years back they wanted to ban bull bars, tax 4x4s extra for taking up more room in the city. They still trying to keep us out of state forests. 4x4s are a recreational vehicles. One could argue that there is no need for them, so where will you stand. Just wait till they come banging at your door before your realise that its no longer a free country. [B]Maybe they should ban computers and Internet as well. [B]People use them to steal
One day "they" will,
Old 16-10-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 75 Times in 44 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I don't think that Aus needs to go down the road of 'right to arm oneself' like america, but having the ability to buy/keep/use a firearm is a huge responsibility that needs carefull management or you do get the minority few morons who end up running rampant.

To be honest the firearms = 4x4 arguement for control is pretty stupid. Given that the vast majority of the country can only be accessed by 4x4's then there is a 'need' for them. Do we are need a 4x4 no. do we all need a firearm, hell no.

It is about application of a tool. A 4x4 is a tool that helps people do stuff in a positive manner. Camping, exploring & adventuring etc. Firearms are NOT positive in any way, they are designed to do one thing and one thing only - to kill something.

Like the phase goes 'with great power comes great responsibility' and the power to kill is one of the 'greatest' powers you can hold. However this all goes out the window when the polititions and lobbyists start screaming and arguing with one another as common sence drops inversly proportional to the amount of people arguing with one another. That is is the main reason why what should be a simple licensing to assist with regulation get blown out of scale and eveyone gets wound up about it.
9000lb Winch
Old 16-10-2013

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruju View Post
+1

One would be better of fortifying their home than to have a gun in it for protection. If we believe we need to have a gun for protection, then we are either living in the wrong time and place or our society has degraded even further to the extent where our laws and lives are worthless.

Those who intend to do harm to others will always use whatever is at their disposal. Unfortunately there will always be this type of person and they are hard to weed out.

We must never go down the path of the US believing it is our "Right" to arm ourselves. With Rights comes a sense of intitlement. With intitlement one would believe they can do as they wish with what they are intitled to.

Gun ownership should remain a privilege, but one that we can all receive once the right criteria have been met. With Privilege comes respect. Respect is what gun ownership deserves.

you do know its illegal to fortifying you home
Old 16-10-2013

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrax573 View Post
I don't think that Aus needs to go down the road of 'right to arm oneself' like america, but having the ability to buy/keep/use a firearm is a huge responsibility that needs carefull management or you do get the minority few morons who end up running rampant.

To be honest the firearms = 4x4 arguement for control is pretty stupid. Given that the vast majority of the country can only be accessed by 4x4's then there is a 'need' for them. Do we are need a 4x4 no. do we all need a firearm, hell no.

It is about application of a tool. A 4x4 is a tool that helps people do stuff in a positive manner. Camping, exploring & adventuring etc. Firearms are NOT positive in any way, they are designed to do one thing and one thing only - to kill something.

Like the phase goes 'with great power comes great responsibility' and the power to kill is one of the 'greatest' powers you can hold. However this all goes out the window when the polititions and lobbyists start screaming and arguing with one another as common sence drops inversly proportional to the amount of people arguing with one another. That is is the main reason why what should be a simple licensing to assist with regulation get blown out of scale and eveyone gets wound up about it.
did you ever go to the Flinders rangers before all the feral goats go killed?

Gold medals in shooting are not positive?

the thousands of wallaby's i shoot every year for farmers who are unable or less skilled at it than i am.......oh that's right that's not a positive
Old 16-10-2013
No Winching

Liked 504 Times in 291 Posts

I just hope we don't go down the path of developing a US style gun culture. I'm not sure whether its cause or effect but....

If you read US Facebook groups etc you'll see quotes like "I carry and I would have capped him...." honestly that attitude worries me.

I don't think that mentality has taken hold here, but its something IMO to be avoided. Hopefully we can have individual gun ownership / responsible use without the attitude.
Old 16-10-2013
RubiconSlammer

Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
I don't think that mentality has taken hold here, but its something IMO to be avoided.
Honestly MM after reading some of the replies this thread I get the impression that we are not too far away from that mentality, hopefully the number of responsible shooters far outweigh the clowns and will continue to do so.
Old 16-10-2013
TJ DRIVER

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i reiterate my opinion that if everyone carried some form of self defense in the way of firearm , pepper spray or a knife then violent crimes and crimes against property would decrease immensely as it would make people think twice before acting .
Post New Thread  Reply