What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 31 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-06-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbee View Post
Very Nice - the ARB is definitly the best looking bar - How do you go getting the mud out of the softop.
A pressure hose at the local wash seems to get it out but we never let it sit more than a few hours really. If its especially tough we use the foaming brush.

and yeah we love the ARB bar

next upgrade will be a few months from now aisde from a JKS quick disconnect
Old 21-06-2009
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bar looks great Daz,

JTO
Old 24-06-2009
ShortBlack
Visitor

Default Fitted a Long Rang Fuel tank

Just had 'The Long Rangers' new fuel tank for the SWB JK installed.
The pic of my car on the Forklift is something they do to check that there is no interference of Rear Diff & Drivshaft to the Tank at full flex left or right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image126.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	33689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image118.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	33690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image129.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	33691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image117.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	33693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image110.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	33694  

Old 25-06-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awesome!!! I didn't know they had a long range tank for the CRD shorty! I could be well up for this!!

Could you provide some details - capacity, price etc?
Old 25-06-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fitted Tigerz11 winch and relocated solenoid into the engine bay. Well, almost as still have the final electrics to do. I've already tested it out and stretched out the synthetic rope under strain to tighten it and re-spool, but I didn't like the solenoid box mounted out side. As with some other makes it's a free standing one which needs mounting somewhere. So I've taken it to bits and removed the three components, the main solenoid, the switch for the hand held or wireless control and the wireless receiver. Bought 6 metres of auto cable and the connectors, heat seal etc and started rewiring it. Fed the cable under and through up to the space between the battery and fuse box. Just need a small bracket to hold them in place in their new location. (ran out of time today) Looks much better now though without that box sitting in the way. Technically more secure too (if the JK had better security on the hood) to stop the vandals doing a Northern Territory car slice with your own winch!!!!
Old 26-06-2009
ShortBlack
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwrangler View Post
Awesome!!! I didn't know they had a long range tank for the CRD shorty! I could be well up for this!!

Could you provide some details - capacity, price etc?

Its a 42 Litre (Usable) Auxiliary Tank.

Something else you get is a new LARGER Filler pipe right through from the Cap. Filling the car with Diesel is a breeze i can even use Hiflow Diesel pumps now! No more taking 20minutes to fill the main tank with the pump clicking off all the dam time, what a pain that was!

They weren't in production yet i had to go to Newcastle to have it done (no drama as i was driving from melb to qld anyway). Should be able to get them through ARB soon.

If you want to know more about them i suggest calling 'The Long Ranger' and ask to talk to Ric, nice guy. (tell him Mal sent ya ) tell him i love his work and wrapped in me new tank ha ha.

http://www.thelongranger.com.au/4wdfueltanks.html

Last edited by ShortBlack; 26-06-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-07-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Had lift and tyres fitted today Flares to be fitted in 2 weeks

Post New Thread  Reply