JK drivers post your pics - Page 340 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

after new tires and rims...
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000065.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	62421

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000068.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	62422
Old 14-06-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default JK drivers post your pics

So I've been wanting to do gee's arm south out at wheeny creek for a while and decided that today I'd just go up and have a look around so next time I can come back with a few more trucks and give it a solid go. Well curiosity got the better of me and I just had to keep exploring haha.

Just past the camping grounds there's a nice little water crossing before you head up the windy roads of Comleroy Rd

Not far up the track I came to my first obstacle which required a bit of scouting around to find a feasible way down. Once I was down I turned around to see if it was possible to get back up.... Well I almost got it in one go but got hung up on a rock which meant i got to test out the new winch and it did it easily.

After this this the track gets pretty technical with plenty more steps and boulders to navigate and it offered some awesome driving and great scenery

Luckily there are chicken runs around most of the big obstacles, I took most of them.

I got about half way along the track and finally came to this rocky hill. The photo doesn't do it justice but there was no way I was attempting this without a spotter and a few more mods to the jeep.

So from here I turned around and went back. I was overly impressed with how far I got with only a 2" lift, 31" muds and swaybar disconnected and first gear low in the CRD made slow steep descents a breeze. Can't wait to get back out there and conquer that hill now and possibly the whole track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14-06-2013
RubiconSlammer

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

Mate, awesome attempt!! And ballsy going on your own! Smart choice in not attempting that climb.. Not far from the end after that.

View from the end of the track

Edit: actually, after looking at that climb closer, that is quite tame in comparison to one that I meant.

Still, good going in getting up to that

Last edited by Wallyd; 14-06-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 14-06-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
Mate, awesome attempt!! And ballsy going on your own! Smart choice in not attempting that climb.. Not far from the end after that.

View from the end of the track

Edit: actually, after looking at that climb closer, that is quite tame in comparison to one that I meant.

Still, good going in getting up to that
Great view! Your effort goes to show just how capable the 2dr is. The main thing that turned me off that climb was the tight exit at the top between the tree and the rock, gonna give it a go next time with 33's, a spotter and another vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14-06-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorin View Post
Went to Fraser Island last weekend. Even tho most of the beach was eroded and full of rubbish we still had a blast.

Oh man... awesome pics. Love the black JK. Where's your rack!?
Old 15-06-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpWraX View Post
Oh man... awesome pics. Love the black JK. Where's your rack!?
Thanks bro. Rack.... hahaha I wish i had one, as i had 3 other people in the car and needed as much storage as possible. So this is what I made and used instead of a rack. An extra 50L of storage isn't much but it helped a lot and surprisingly it held up nicely for 3 days carrying some pretty heavy stuff too.

Old 15-06-2013
Established Member

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Went for the June long weekend out to Bylong Creek 4x4 which is a private property near Bylong opened up for four wheeling, trailbikes and camping.

The place had a lot of rain just before we arrived and all the tracks were very slick.

This was the first time away with my new JK, having only taken delivery last month, and although I was still running the standard tyres, it performed better than I could ever hoped.

My old Patrol and new Rubicon with the camper on.

Having a run through the Wombat Holes. Suspension flex isn't one of the strong points on a new Jeep. I'll have to do something about that very soon.

The owner of the property (Bruce), having a dig at all the Jeep owners.

One section of track was so slick, we didn't attempt to drive down, but lowered each vehicle down on the winch. One fellow drove down unassisted, but it was a roller coaster ride to the bottom.

Plenty of mud to take the new car shine off.

New and the old again.

Climbing Bob's Knob.

Dropping down the Railway Track.

Looking up along the valley.

The Coffin Track.

Leant a valuable lesson here, don't do mud with the top off.

There are plenty of little play areas to test your 4by out on the property, and plenty of tracks up the valley as well. The rain did limit where we could go, as sliding down the side of a mountain isn't my idea of fun.

Love the new Jeep, and it will only get better with muddies and a lift.