P02E8 Diesel intake air flow “a” position sensor circuit low - Page 35 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-01-2024
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

There are U tube clips on replacing the cogs...use them as a guide...watch a few and pick the bits you think you can use....others here may have done the job themselves and may be able to offer advice....just remember...ensure no grime or cloth material remains before you seal the housing.
Not going to suggest which lube to use as the members that have actually performed the job will have hands on experience...as far as a cleaner goes...any thing that removes grease, grime will be effective....seperate what you are cleaning from any sensors to make sure you dont cross contaminate...slow and steady...think it out....use caution....no difference to anybody doing any work on your car.

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 21-01-2024
Rock Munki

ps: from above post.
Drover gives very good instruction and tutorials...his 'common man' translations of the Workshop Manual are bar none.
My advice would be to ask kindly and it will be given....jus sayin

Old 21-01-2024
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 119 Times in 84 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
ps: from above post.
Drover gives very good instruction and tutorials...his 'common man' translations of the Workshop Manual are bar none.
My advice would be to ask kindly and it will be given....jus sayin
I am going to use Drover’s instructions given so far in this matter, and attempt the removal. My only problem would be disconnecting the electrical connector from the throttle body which seems to be at a tough location and lock system.

Any available advice on this would be great if known thank you
Old 21-01-2024
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

My attempt to remove the throttle body for a clean went down the drain. I unbolted the throttle body and everything was looking straight forward till that metal line that goes over the throttle body was in the way of lifting it out in any way I attempted. The fuel lines were off too but there is no way of moving or removing this line as I cannot even see where its ends go. I spend a couple of hours desperately trying. Before I gave up and put everything back. I even removed something that was on the left side of the throttle body but that didn’t help as that stupid steel line was in the way.

Removing the throttle body ain’t as easy as taking those bolts off for sure thanks to the way these guys blocked it under those lines.

I was hoping if I was able to take it out and put it back then in future fitting a new one was something I could do myself but doesn’t look it now. Just cleaned the connectors and tested the flap manually and it seems to be moving up and down smooth as butter. No jamming feel or tooth broken feel. I know you are not supposed to manually move it but hey I couldn’t break it any further now. Really feel like it the
electrical position sensor that is fried on this throttle body and no matter how much we trying to ignore what the error code says, it really is true I think. “Position sensor circuit low” I am no sparky to test it further.

Will have to just replace the throttle body for sure now. Oh well. Good effort I guess.

Old 21-01-2024
Rock Munki

You could call the fella at Jeeps'r'Us again and ask him how the throttle body is removed when the pipe hinders removal....or....Utube throttle body removal and the answer will be there.
Obviously the throtle body can be removed. You need the info on 'how to'.
Research first...then dig in.

Old 21-01-2024
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
You could call the fella at Jeeps'r'Us again and ask him how the throttle body is removed when the pipe hinders removal....or....Utube throttle body removal and the answer will be there.
Obviously the throtle body can be removed. You need the info on 'how to'.
Research first...then dig in.
Forgot to add to my previous post is the fact that I could not find one video on YouTube on how to remove the throttle body from any ecodiesel engine. Many about removing the flap only.

I will give him a ring for sure and ask. I can do the removal again and probably faster now that I have done it once. And have to add the electrical connector to the throttle body was a pain in the back side to remove. It involved flat head and some painful pulling. Due to the angle it was stuck at.

Really didn’t realise the steel line would be in the way earlier otherwise would have checked on how to move that thing first.
Old 22-01-2024
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,975 Times in 2,347 Posts

Welcome to the world of DiY Spanner Work, manuals never tell the whole story, in the book it just says undo the bolt on fuel lines and fuel pipe ................. sometimes you need to wriggle and fiddle, follo the pipe and see if there is another hold down point that can be loosened to get a bit more slack....... If I had actually pulled it off I could tell you more .............

Whatever you do when tightening up any bolts on this alloy engine don not use lots of Ooomph on the spanners, firm but don't go gorilla grip.....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply