mahindra jeeps - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Early Model Jeep
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-06-2012

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

awww jeeez Mick- I wish you hadnt put those pics up!

If I had some (any) spare cash and knew where that one was parked I would be knocking on thier door.
With my luck its probably on the eastern coast somewhere.

Any idea how long they have owned it or what they paid for it?

From what I can find out- the importer burnt his fingers pretty bad due to import duties and red tape, and a lot were scrapped, some were farmed out all over the country- but they took ages to sell.
Removing the 7.50 x 16 rims/tyres and bolting on 15" Aussie rims and tyres to give more Aussie content was a bad move, it meant the small diesels were thrashed too much on the highway, killing them quickly.
I always wanted a CJ3B, and the only ones I have found are fit for scrap (Aussie, Indian or American)
Mine has real good tub, but needs the front guards, bonnet, seats and screen frame replaced.
Seeing an almost pristine example- most likely out of reach is painfull!

stephen.

Last edited by cj3b; 17-06-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 18-06-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

yep I don't like mick any more either ........................................
no stress bout the pto just a pipe dream would prob be cheaper to fly over and pick it up overdrive would be better .......................... hang on got to drive it/get running reliably first but maybe comming a parttime daily if things work out GULP
Old 20-06-2012

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Found the P.T.O's and managed to dig them out without too much serious damage to myself!(for once)

Both look ok as far as I can tell, but I will have to search a bit more for the retainer plate thingies that hold the selector arm into the housing of the P.T.O's.
For some reason, the previous owner removed the retaining plates- and they are most likely in one of my boxes of "gawd knows what these bits came off but I better keep them anyway cause I'm bound to need them"

When I get back from my next drive in the country I will scratch around and see if I can find the bit of pressed tin that fits.

You do realise you can run both a PTO and an overdrive at the same time?
"hermtheoverdriveguy" sells an adaptor that solves the problem!

What are you wanting to run off the P.T.O.?

winch, post hole auger, rotary hoe, ditch witch, mower, hydraulic pump for grader blade or snow plow, genset/ welder?

stephen.
Old 21-06-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj3b View Post
Found the P.T.O's and managed to dig them out without too much serious damage to myself!(for once)
sounds like my shed
Both look ok as far as I can tell, but I will have to search a bit more for the retainer plate thingies that hold the selector arm into the housing of the P.T.O's.
technical terms being used

For some reason, the previous owner removed the retaining plates- and they are most likely in one of my boxes of "gawd knows what these bits came off but I better keep them anyway cause I'm bound to need them"
who doesn't have that box(s)

When I get back from my next drive in the country I will scratch around and see if I can find the bit of pressed tin that fits.
no stress

You do realise you can run both a PTO and an overdrive at the same time?
"hermtheoverdriveguy" sells an adaptor that solves the problem!
no I didn't, whos hermtheoverdriveguy??

What are you wanting to run off the P.T.O.?

winch, post hole auger, rotary hoe, ditch witch, mower, hydraulic pump for grader blade or snow plow, genset/ welder?
YES to all
stephen.
cheers dude
Old 23-06-2012

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

hermtheoverdriveguy is just that- the bloke to go to for jeep overdrives, and a lot of other jeep bits and pieces.
He even makes a specially built mahindra overdrive!

Herm has a great website, all sorts of upgrade bits for jeeps- overdrives, brakes, transfer case overhaul kits, steering, adaptors, advice etc.
based in the USA (of course)

not sure of his proper website address- but if you google hermtheoverdriveguy you will find him.
Old 24-06-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 34 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj3b View Post
awww jeeez Mick- I wish you hadnt put those pics up!

If I had some (any) spare cash and knew where that one was parked I would be knocking on thier door.
With my luck its probably on the eastern coast somewhere.

Any idea how long they have owned it or what they paid for it?

From what I can find out- the importer burnt his fingers pretty bad due to import duties and red tape, and a lot were scrapped, some were farmed out all over the country- but they took ages to sell.
Removing the 7.50 x 16 rims/tyres and bolting on 15" Aussie rims and tyres to give more Aussie content was a bad move, it meant the small diesels were thrashed too much on the highway, killing them quickly.
I always wanted a CJ3B, and the only ones I have found are fit for scrap (Aussie, Indian or American)
Mine has real good tub, but needs the front guards, bonnet, seats and screen frame replaced.
Seeing an almost pristine example- most likely out of reach is painfull!

stephen.
Hi Steve...they have owned it since new ..i remember when they came out the stockman was around 10/11 and the bushranger was 12 or more ...this one has the original rims and tyres and im sure they are 7.50 x16 will check.. the bushranger had the 15 inch rims i think ...it is near Dubbo n.s.w it cost about a grand to get a vehicle from here to w.a ..i have more photos they want me to put it on ebay for them they want 4 large for it...it wouldnt take much for rego..cheers mick
Old 14-07-2012

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hey Warren-
I found the pressed tin retainer thingy- even scratched up a set of screws that seem to be the right size to hold the plate on too!

I'll do you a deal- you get serious about needing a P.T.O. by finding stuff to run off the P.T.O. and you can have one for the cost of freight.

All the best,

Stephen.
Post New Thread  Reply