XJ: Project "Apache Resistance". - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-01-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 130 Times in 82 Posts

Great info, cool mods
Old 15-01-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COFFMAN View Post
Great info, cool mods
Thanks dude!

__________________________________________________ _________________

Today i worked on the transfer case linkage, and the on board air piping.

Took the front driveshaft out, and then realized i didn't have a 3/8 heim joint to connect the lever to the T-Case so i had to stop there. The front driveshaft was covered in caked on dirt, and quite rusty, so i re-did it. I wire-wheeled it down, primed it up, and painted it red. I think it looks way better. This was followed up by me regreasing the entire thing.

Got around to welding a 1/2" nipple onto my aluminum a/c thing. Aluminum is a royal PITA to weld, but i finally managed to do it. Pictures show what i did. I was told to just stick a hose over the pipe instead of welding a nipple to it and hose clamping it on. I don't think that would of worked as good as what i did.

I put a coupling and a nipple on one side (this is the side that sucks air in) and a coupling and a 3/8" barbed x 3/8" NPC thread into the bushing. Going to run my air line across the jeep to the right of the air filter to get some room to work on it. It should look really nice when i'm done.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Old 15-01-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 130 Times in 82 Posts

Is it mandatory for every American to own a John Deere cap lol
Old 15-01-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Holly Sheets Bat Man
you yanks get to have all the fun. Welcome mate love the build and tuned in for more
Old 16-01-2013
MudSplasher

Liked 275 Times in 139 Posts

Nice work Apache will be following your progress
Old 17-01-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts

I think i said it before, but i'll mention it again. If any of you need anything shipped into Australia from the states, and can't find anyone to ship it in, send me a PM. I'll ship whatever you want in as long as you cover the shipping. I don't even want to make a profit on it, just want to ship it in to help some fellow offroaders out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COFFMAN View Post
Is it mandatory for every American to own a John Deere cap lol
No. You need to own at a bare minimum (6) of them to be considered a true American. You can see the hat rack i have going on in the top of one of those pictures. A solid 10 of those hats are JD hats.

When the wrenching gets really serious, i tend to put on my cowboy hat. Makes wrenching at LEAST 10x easier. Those JD hats make all the bolts on your jeep come unloose without breaking off. It's a little secret many don't know about.

You also need to play country music no matter what you're doing, and have lots of guns. More guns = more American. However, this isn't as easy anymore due to the Sandy Hook shooting (you had to hear about it.) which just so happens to be about 15 minutes from my house.

The price of an AR-15 has jumped from around $1,000 (was at this price for the longest time, and they were readily available.) to over $2,500. All ARs in the state of Connecticut are just about sold out along with all upper and lower receivers and all bullets for them.

Good thing i already bought my Bushmaster AR-15 years ago.

No, but in all seriousness, just about all Americans have guns, and it's not a bad thing. Most people are totally responsible with them. You just hear about all the bad things that people do with them. I can't even begin to describe what it's like going to the shooting range (or even your backyard) and just firing off round after round at a target. It's great. You need to try it.

Within a 10 foot radius of this computer i'm sitting at, i have 4 rifles, 2 shotguns, and 3 pistols around. All obviously unloaded. The only loaded one is my Mossberg 500 tactical shotgun which is sitting right beside me.

By voluntarily giving up your arms you give up the ability to counter tyranny.

The founding fathers would roll over in their grave if they new US citizens are voluntarily canceling their second amendment, by voluntary giving up their guns to "protect the nation".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mato View Post
Holly Sheets Bat Man
you yanks get to have all the fun. Welcome mate love the build and tuned in for more
Haha. Thanks dude. May i ask why you think we get to have all the fun?

I can't wait to get to Australia in like a year and a half. I'm still trying to figure out if i should go over there wearing a cowboy hat and talking with my super deep southern accent just to see what happens, or if i should just go over there and talk like a normal dude. Even when i'm not intentionally using a southern accent, i have people tell me all the time i sound southern.

Glad you're tuned in though. Happy to see people following what i'm doing. Makes me more eager to go do more to the jeep. Stuff is cheaper over here, so it's easier to get more bang for your buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksidecustoms View Post
Nice work Apache will be following your progress
Thanks dude. More will be coming shortly. Got sidetracked by the snow today.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Woke up this morning, and was pleasantly surprised by the 6 inches of snow on the ground. I knew snow was coming, but wasn't aware of how much.

Jeep goes just about anywhere in the snow. I've yet to get that thing stuck in the snow, and i've had it in some pretty serious snow.

Last night instead of rebuilding my transfer case linkage (waiting for the heims to come in) i put my front driveshaft back in. Ain't going nowhere in the snow without 4x4. Took me about 20 minutes to get that sucker back in.

Since then, i've plowed our driveway with my tractor. (No it's not a John Deere, it's a 1969 International Cub Cadet) and been riding my snowmobile around for the rest of the day. Nothing to do really.

Once the heims come in, i'll continue updating this on me rebuilding the linkage. Shouldn't take too long. Also waiting for my york 210 compressor to come in for on board air. Trying to haggle some guy down on ebay for one.

Last edited by ApacheResistance; 17-01-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 17-01-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Apache I couldn't agree more!
Guns, music, and John Deere hats.

When you get down here you can come hang at my joint
I love my country music, and I wear a dirty old cowboy hat, and I'll go watch and even ride a rodeo time to time

I love your posts, and it's good to hear from someone on the fun side of the pond.
Speaking of shipping,
Have you had much to do with Iron Rock Offroad?

Sorry about all the questions

Cheers mate