SCX10 JK Brute- extended wheelbase - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > Radio Controlled JEEP Action
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-05-2010
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

looks sweet mate, what happened to the honcho cage???? i reckon it suited well
Old 31-05-2010
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronsjeep View Post
awesome ride your friend has.. looks tuff and unique..
after reading your builds, makes me want to build a crawler
Cheers mate, its a pretty sick machine.

2" lift (only!), 37" Super Soft Compound Trep's a new 4.4lt Injected Rover V8 and billet insane axles / Maxi Drives - she goes just about anywhere.

Went for a ride in it only yesterday. He's also now got some bushwacker style flares on.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 31-05-2010
Just Build it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked View Post
i will pay you to make a body to fit my losti night crawler...
Man I'd love to be paid to make this stuff for a living but something tells me there's not really any money in it! lol!

On another note My wife just gave birth to our 2nd (and final!!) child today around 2pm so there's not going to be much time available to me now!
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 31-05-2010
Just Build it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJIM View Post
hey mate, what materials did you use to make the bed on the brute?
i've got my JK body in pieces, will cut it down shortly but only have the one chance haha.

yours looks slick.

alternatively... I'll send you my new one and swap for your Brute there
I was going to make a real detailed rear tub for it like the rear of a real brute but could'nt be muffed, way too much time required for stuff like that, plus the fact I want to wheel it and she's going to take the tumbles.

I just used a piece of cardboad and traced out the outline then transfered it onto a bit of 1.6mm aluminium, then screwed it on - pretty straight forward. The moulding in of the rear windscreen and bogging / sanding was the time consuming bitch of a process. Just had a good afternoon at it when the wife and daughter went out one day Shiet loads of sanding and filing.

Even though its not a Jeep, I'm keen as to get stuck into making that Landy!
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 31-05-2010
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU View Post
On another note My wife just gave birth to our 2nd (and final!!) child today around 2pm so there's not going to be much time available to me now!
Congrats to both you and your wife Stu on the new born... you didn't if it was a boy or girl.
Old 31-05-2010
Sponsored by Centrelink

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU View Post
Man I'd love to be paid to make this stuff for a living but something tells me there's not really any money in it! lol!

awh congrats on that one mate.
Old 01-06-2010
Just Build it

Thanks fellas, its another girl, so now I've got 2 little Princesses

Somthing tells me Daddy's going to be trading in the Horsepower for a few ponies in the near future
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Post New Thread  Reply