Injector upgrade thoughts. - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-04-2010
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 351 Times in 223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman View Post
For the Ausi Wrecking yard Ferrets& Ebay bandits

AU ford Falcon 4.0L
Stock injector Bosch # 0280155844 have the exact same specifications as the (American ford 19#) 0280155710 but takes clip nuts.

Holden Commodore 3.8l V6
VT, VU, VX, VY, WH, WK and KIA Mentor and Shuma

Bosch #0280155777 Have a coil resistance of 12 ohms and a nominal working pressure of 49psi otherwise the flow rates @ 43.5psi are just a wee (insignificantly so) bit smaller and all other specifications are the same as the ford AU injectors.

It should be reiterated here that the #19 ford (and holden) injectors will drop straight in and work. However they do not really flow enough for use in a jeep 4L motor especially with '95 or earlier models that run 39PSI on the fuel rail @WOT. They may cause a lean condition at wide open throttle and they will spend a lot of time working at grater than 80% duty cycle, this causes inefficient fuel atomization and a markedly shorter injector service life.
If you run a 48-49PSI fuel rail pressure you should be able to get a flow of 220cc which is the minimum of what is required.

If I had a post '96 I would verify I had 48-49PSI on the fuel rail, then I would go for the VT commodore injector, It has a lower impedance and Bosch state its nominal operating pressure is 350KPa/ 49PSI. Also, 3.8l VT Commodore makes 147kw @ 5200 RPM = 197 HP. Our jeeps make 190HP.
Jeep engines only make 190 HP. So the injectors can do it. And you can get cleaned & tested sets of 6 for under $100 on ebay.
Don't know anybody that has done it but the injectors are the same spec as the ford #19lb that are a common swap in the states.
Look it up.
Bosch injector specifications:
http://www.usrallyteam.com/content/p...ector_data.xls
Just to be safe would only do it with a post '96=OBD2 XJ.

'95 sport,4.6 stroker, 4.5" lift, 32"s, 4:10's, 8.25&SYE, taurus fan
Old 13-04-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,113 Times in 693 Posts

How do us OBD1 owners up our fuel rail pressure????

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 13-04-2010
Rock Munki

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
How do us OBD1 owners up our fuel rail pressure????
Coverd in first post 91-95 Jeeps with Fuel Pressure Regulators (FPR) on the fuel rail.

and in the tip sheet.............no wrecker option for us as far as I know, have to order from the states~$80 delivered + the Vt bomadorre Injectors.
Neon Injectors are the cheapest option for Ausi OBD1 XJ's as far as I know.
Old 13-04-2010
MonsterMoose

If we were to change the fuel rail to a type that doesn't have the built in regulator is there a "wrecker option" regulator available, does anybody know?
How do the commies and falcons regulate their pressure?????

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 13-04-2010
Rock Munki

They have fuel pressure regulators on the fuel rail that will not "drop into the jeep fuel rail".
The ford one runs the same pressure as the OBD1 jeeps.

If we were to change the fuel rail to a type that doesn't have the built in regulator is there a "wrecker option" regulator available, does anybody know?
I think that blanking off the back of the fpr void, on the stock OBD1 fuel rail, so the fuel runs straight out of the rail and into a off rail fpr, like what is common in aftermarket turbo applications would be simplest.
Don't know of a stock off-raill FPR setup that you get at a wreckers. Would also have to establish the fuel pressure of the off-rail FPR.
You could also get an aftermarket adjustable offrail fpr, but for the money & time it would be cheaper just to get the 49PSI Chrysler regulator shipped from the states.

Last edited by rainman; 13-04-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 13-04-2010
MonsterMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman View Post

They have fuel pressure regulators on the fuel rail that will not "drop into the jeep fuel rail".
The ford one runs the same pressure as the OBD1 jeeps.

I think that blanking off the back of the fpr void, on the stock OBD1 fuel rail, so the fuel runs straight out of the rail and into a off rail fpr, like what is common in aftermarket turbo applications would be simplest.
Don't know of a stock off-raill FPR setup that you get at a wreckers. Would also have to establish the fuel pressure of the off-rail FPR.
You could also get an aftermarket adjustable offrail fpr, but for the money & time it would be cheaper just to get the 49PSI Chrysler regulator shipped from the states.
So the Falcon injectors run at the same pressure as an OBD1 Jeep????

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 15-04-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So where did you guys buy your neon injectors from, the best price I could get in NZ was $600 EACH!!
Post New Thread  Reply