JK Snorkel Anyone? - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-08-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin101 View Post
Wow!!! Please tell me that not all Australian Jeep owners are as narrow minded and ignorant as you guys are. Why not take a second and wipe your fingernail polish off and talk about what works for real offroading. Now I'm sure you pussy's don't like to actully get your jeeps dirty but some of us on this forum make our product decions based on how it functions offroad. Sure this guys snorkel is a little boxy but so is a jeep. If this thing works and protects my engine beter then a plastic one --why not? The owners of some of the most capable jeeps I have ever seen where not conserned with how one of there accesories looked on there rig but how tough it was and how it would hold up on the trail. Now if this snorkel design clashes with your purse and skirt fine don't get it but why attack something that you obviously have no clue about?
unless i am reading things wrong!!!!.... i cant see anybody attacking anything!!! but if they were, are we not allowed to have an opinion just as you do, with out calling people names ...maybe not!!! .. oh well back to the fingernail polish
Old 24-08-2007
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnjules View Post
unless i am reading things wrong!!!!.... i cant see anybody attacking anything!!! but if they were, are we not allowed to have an opinion just as you do, with out calling people names ...maybe not!!! .. oh well back to the fingernail polish
I am refering to the comments about the aluminum snorkel. Opinions are good if they help others make an informed choice. Needless bashing of a product that no one knows about is ignorant, narrow minded and lacks common sence. It seemed to me that all they cared about is what a product looks like and not about building a tough jeep.
Old 24-08-2007
Sticker Ninja!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Wow!!! Please tell me that not all Australian Jeep owners are as narrow minded and ignorant as you guys are. Why not take a second and wipe your fingernail polish off and talk about what works for real offroading. Now I'm sure you pussy's don't like to actully get your jeeps dirty but some of us on this forum make our product decions based on how it functions offroad. Sure this guys snorkel is a little boxy but so is a jeep. If this thing works and protects my engine beter then a plastic one --why not? The owners of some of the most capable jeeps I have ever seen where not conserned with how one of there accesories looked on there rig but how tough it was and how it would hold up on the trail. Now if this snorkel design clashes with your purse and skirt fine don't get it but why attack something that you obviously have no clue about?
He was joking mate. Billstas reply was typical Aussie sarcasm!
Old 24-08-2007
The Devils Own...

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kevin, never take Billsta seriously... ever... :P
Old 29-08-2007
The Devils Own...

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any news on the JK snorkel??
Old 29-08-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
I am refering to the comments about the aluminum snorkel. Opinions are good if they help others make an informed choice. Needless bashing of a product that no one knows about is ignorant, narrow minded and lacks common sence. It seemed to me that all they cared about is what a product looks like and not about building a tough jeep.
LOL you yanks will never get Aussie humour would ya?
Old 29-08-2007
BANNED AGAIN

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Wow!!! Please tell me that not all Australian Jeep owners are as narrow minded and ignorant as you guys are.
Obviously your not from Australia, or you'd know that we are . Some how I think you hit the keyboard before you even thought about what you were jumping to conclusions about....

Quote:
Why not take a second and wipe your fingernail polish off and talk about what works for real offroading. Now I'm sure you pussy's don't like to actually get your jeeps dirty but some of us on this forum make our product decisions based on how it functions offroad.
Hmmm, nice first post. Welcome to AJOR, tosser (if it's good enough for you to name call the entire forum "pussy's", then it's good enough for me to throw it back at you "tosser"!) As for your comment, "but some of us on this forum make our product decisions based on how it functions offroad." This is your first post, so this is a little contradictory, don't you think?

As far as this comment goes - "talk about what works for real offroading." Have you seen the Black Pimped-out TJ that River Raider use for product promotion? Now there's a real off roader, obviously they should also wipe off a few layers of nail polish and not be concerned with looks / appearance.....

Quote:
Sure this guys snorkel is a little boxy but so is a jeep. If this thing works and protects my engine beter then a plastic one --why not?
That's the issue, do you work for River Raider? how do you know if it is better than a plastic one? Do you even have one? Why is it better? Or did you simply believe the over hyped advertising dribble on their site... more than likely? (that's an assumption, their bad . I'd hazard a guess and say that our nancy skirt wearing boy Kevin is Mr River Raider or it could be coincidence that both use gmail email accounts? Got sick of getting ribbed/trashed by other forums for pushing your products and came here did you?)

Hmmm, lets see, it states it's manufactured from "Tough Aluminum", not cheap plastic....So when you lean it into a tree or hit rock it will fold / dent permanently or in turn apply excessive pressure against the vehicle, more than likely causing more damage...yep that makes it better

If the the other brand snorkels were made from expensive plastic would that make them better than the River Raider?

Quote:
The owners of some of the most capable jeeps I have ever seen where not conserned with how one of there accesories looked on there rig but how tough it was and how it would hold up on the trail.
Okay, that's nice. As the River Raider site states: "Aluminum - is for Big Boy's and Plastic is for Baby Toys = you'd better let Jeep know this as their a hell of a lot of plastic on them there Jeeps.

Quote:
Now if this snorkel design clashes with your purse and skirt fine don't get it but why attack something that you obviously have no clue about?
Fine, I won't attack it! I'll just express my opinion, and think out loud that it looks UGLY and looks poorly designed and manufactured. I would rather have another tried and tested plastic fantastic any day, even if it will crack and break (according to the River Raider site).

Quote:
I am refering to the comments about the aluminum snorkel. Opinions are good if they help others make an informed choice. .
That's obviously your opinion? It would be good if true, but unfortunately it isn't always the case. Opinions are like Assholes - everyones got one and they are entitled to voice it on a public forum! (within the rules/boundaries of the forum).

Quote:
Needless bashing of a product that no one knows about is ignorant, narrow minded and lacks common sence. .
Hmmm, pot this is kettle over....River Raider should try doing the same before they market their products!
Also - where are the improvement stats to back up the River Raider's stated "Instant Horsepower Gain"

Quote:
It seemed to me that all they cared about is what a product looks like and not about building a tough jeep.
Well, unfortunately for your thoughts, most people do consider 'looks', it's a fact of life (obviously given the appearance of their promo TJ, this also applies to River Raider). That is an individuals choice, I'm sure you have purchased an item because it suits your personal taste? - Maybe those extra sexy clear indicator (turn signal) lenses are actually stronger and better than stock?

Tip: before posting, try to imagine how the context of your test is going to be taken or understood by the masses.

Last edited by Fat Chili; 30-08-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply