Best place to sell a modified Jeep? - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-01-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
I'm in the market for a JK so i'll give my opinion.

I've seen your car (i've added every 3.6 unlimited auto for under 35k to my watch list) on carsales.

Price is about right, it looks like the only ones that have sold in the past month or so have been mid 20's for low to medium kms.

Only reasons I haven't called you with an offer is I know i'd have hassles putting it back to stock for the NSW rego transfer + Cairns is far enough way that i'd probably hate life before I got back to Sydney.

Mate last time I was up there on a plane and I was sick of travelling by the time I got back.

Good luck with sale, I don't think it will be long now before someone from Brisbane makes the trek up to buy it.

Give me a buzz and we can talk through some options if you like... I got a quote for $1,800 to send to Melbourne, should be similar or a little less to Sydney. Happy to talk to make that process easier and worth your while if you are interested...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28-01-2017
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
The guy that bought my TJ flew from Brisbane to Newcastle and drove it back. I thought he'd hate it after getting 2 hours up the road (which was my limit before needing to get out). He rang me he next day to tell me he loved every minute of it.

I honestly think you would get away with a 2.5" here without a word being said. Tyres are easy, there is always someone on this forum with a set of stockys laying around you could borrow. A set of 5 go for around $100 here anyway.

I'm not sure if Qld is different but there's no problem getting a road worthy here. Made a mistake with 3 inch on Carsales and since amended the ad. It went up just under 3 inch but it had sagged from stock. It was a 2.5 kit which should pass easily anywhere. It's really not that high. It's the angle I've taken the shot [emoji38]

When I purchased the kit it was specifically selected to be road worthy, it's a touring kit not a big lift slinky kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

The four phases that a buying decision passes through and compares are:

1. Functionality: Your Wrangler easily ticks this box but it is worth highlighting everything that makes that Wrangler unique and a Wrangler an awesome experience.

2. Reliability: Mention a bit more about how reliable it has been and maybe phrase the bit about the recalls differently, removing the word "recalls" (it has a very negative connotation).

3. Convenience: Investigate your options about vehicle shipping and presuming you are willing and able to, note that you are willing to ship it very early in the ad. It might also be worth adding that you are willing to let RACQ or an accredited organization do an inspection if someone wants to finance it, especially if they are buying interstate. If you are selling in QLD then you should provide a RWC and if you are willing to get one or have one, put that in the ad (maybe move your to earlier in the ad).

4. Price: This is the last and least important factor although yours is priced very well.

I also suggest adding another well-lit shot or two of the interior, specifically the front, removing the shot with the rusty exhaust or cleaning the exhaust tip (rust scares the average person) and adding a shot of a neat but not steam-cleaned engine bay.

Last edited by Jimmyb; 01-02-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply