Appcar FCA or OBD Jscan Scan app - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 691 Times in 386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijith555 View Post
Yeah I should have said more FCA specific these apps. I agree this comes down to personal preference the users have with their own adapters/apps. Definitely doing my research on this forum and other places online to see. I am going to be a pretty basic user just wanting to customise settings at this stage.
For the basic stuff I would go JScan - the interface is much easier to use and it's harder to muck things up. AlfaOBD definitely offers more functionality for more technical changes, but it's less easy to use imo. Have a look at some youtube videos of both to get an idea of how they are to use

Old 10-06-2023
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,584 Times in 4,359 Posts

Does anyone have any experience with FIXD OBD-II 2nd Gen Professional Scan Tool?
They claim it works with DBR2.
I have been thinking of constructing a DBR2 clone as per the instructions by Richard Buttocks. I am still kicking myself for not purchasing a knockoff when they were on Ebay years ago.
Old 11-06-2023
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 119 Times in 84 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCheese View Post
For the basic stuff I would go JScan - the interface is much easier to use and it's harder to muck things up. AlfaOBD definitely offers more functionality for more technical changes, but it's less easy to use imo. Have a look at some youtube videos of both to get an idea of how they are to use
After some research and trying the demo adapter mode on Jscan I went for it. It had one of the features I wanted to enable. Was easy to find with the search function which is brilliant. So my OBD adapter is good, Jscan is ready but just found out Jscan been trying to tell me my Jeep needs the bloody security bypass cable for it to be able to write! I was so close lol. Jscan actually provided a few links within the app to these cables on Amazon and AliExpress. They aren’t expensive and looks like the Grand Cherokee has the module under the steering wheel and didn’t look to hard. Since I am this close to being able to customise the car I am going to order one. So eager and can’t wait now that I know it’s possible. The first feature that has been hidden in AU Jeep’s is the horn chirp on second press of lock on fob. This is normally available on the Uconnect settings but it’s been hidden for us. You can even program is to horn all the time too but I just want that confirmation on second press if need be and also you can turn on the horn chirp for remote starting if required. Anyhow just got to order one of these cables now and hopefully it’s not to hard to setup.
Old 11-06-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,976 Times in 2,347 Posts

Had a dig around with Alpha but couldn't find anything to make the horn beep when locking but I did find I can read a log of what the tranny is up to, just couldn't find where its stored so I could email it and have a read of the thing, so much easier using a laptop for this stuff than a stupid dinky phone............
If I had the horn beep I would be turning the annoying thing off quickly, most annoyig thing ......... Glad I don't have a Ford, even more annoying bells and chimes...

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 11-06-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
...have a Ford...
Steady Drover...no need for the use of four letter words on this forum.
Okay...its a JEEP site so 4 letter words are acceptable...but...dropping the 'F' bomb...geezus mate...hope ur day gets better....jus sayin

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Last edited by FARWEST; 11-06-2023 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-06-2023
CrawlerStar

Liked 119 Times in 84 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Had a dig around with Alpha but couldn't find anything to make the horn beep when locking but I did find I can read a log of what the tranny is up to, just couldn't find where its stored so I could email it and have a read of the thing, so much easier using a laptop for this stuff than a stupid dinky phone............
If I had the horn beep I would be turning the annoying thing off quickly, most annoyig thing ......... Glad I don't have a Ford, even more annoying bells and chimes...
I would be annoyed if the horn sounded every freaking time I pressed the door lock. But the function has two settings when shown on Uconnect (which is hidden on AU spec models). See the screenshot you can have it setup to horn chirp as a confirmation of lock only when you press the lock button on fob twice in succession. And you can also have it setup to do every time which is useless. My mates Ford has it setup on second press and occasionally it’s nice to be able to be from an area where you cannot see the lights to double press and hear the lock confirmation. And this specifically for the remote locking operation won’t happen when you press the door lock on door handle too which is good.

On Jscan they have an option for my GC where I can make this visible in the menu. Currently it’s set to hidden. I couldn’t make it active because I need to get my bypass adapter first which I will be ordering soon. Jscan is so easy and has the necessary features I want to enable/disable. Stupid AU spec they could have had this visible and let the customer decide whether they can set it to OFF or the other two options.

I use an Android tablet with Jscan as my BT OBD2 is only android compatible and it’s easy to use on the big screen tablet. I found AlphaOBD complicated to use and find things. Jscan you can search for a word and it takes you straight to that adaptation you don’t need to guess under which module it could be so easy.

This is just a demo shot of the adaptation through my iPhone app in demo mode as I didn’t have an adaptor connected at this time. When I had my adaptor connected the current value was set to hidden which is why on our cars we cannot see the above option under settings.
Old 12-06-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,976 Times in 2,347 Posts

I think its advertising even more than flashing lights that "Hey, people this car is unlocked", as some unlock their vehicle from a distance just what the toe rags are looking for .......... I do like the driver door only unlock feature, then Mrs D doesn't get some drop kick jumping in via another door when by herself ...

I must admit Alpha does require a bit of stuffing around at first but once you get into it its not bad, just wish i could name the files so I knew what was what when I get the data reports.......some things I need to adjust pins on dongle and stuff but can't be bothered.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply