TJ: Bally's build - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bally12 View Post
atm the tj's problems are:
one of the pulleys starting to stick a little
no rear drive shaft at all, love the fwd on tight corners and round abouts
gearbox is shot to pieces
throw out bearing has seen better days
radiator's fins are mostly pushed flat = slight heating problem
thermostat is past its used by date
thermostat gasket has a slight break in it somewhere so i have a small leak
Thats gay man makes my issue with the sagged rear springs tiny problems along side my broken collar bone.
Old 10-04-2010
Banned

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

just about to order my new thermostat, thermostat asket and thermostat housing from www.jeep4x4center.com.

$25 landed to aus aint bad
Old 10-04-2010
Banned

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i took the rocker cover off today to have a looksy and give it a clean up. good to see that there is no abnormal wear or tear in there

i do have an oil leak coming from both plugs on top of the rocker cover though. the ones where there is an air line runing from the cover to the intake. What are those lines for anyway?? is this a serious thing i should look into more, it doesnt seem as if it could cause a problem though.
Old 10-04-2010
TurboTJ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow

Quote:
i do have an oil leak coming from both plugs on top of the rocker cover though. the ones where there is an air line runing from the cover to the intake. What are those lines for anyway?? is this a serious thing i should look into more, it doesnt seem as if it could cause a problem though.
i have thee exact same problem but i havnt worried about it..
Old 10-04-2010
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
i took the rocker cover off today to have a looksy and give it a clean up. good to see that there is no abnormal wear or tear in there

bet you had fun getting that back on..

looks can be deceiving. good tip is when you replace your oil filter cut the old one open and then once you get one of the paper filters out.. squeeze all the oil out in a vice.. then spread it open and use a torch to look for metal (shiny bits) and another thing to do is when you drain your oil into a pan.. get a strong magnet and slide it around under the pan and see if any oil moves with it.. if it does then there is metal in there...

but other than that, you should get some degreaser onto that engine bay stat, filthy.

Nick

Last edited by stroked; 10-04-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-04-2010
Banned

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I left the cover off over night but covered everythin up. it was really easy to get off, i cant see how it would be too hard to get back on. but im sure you would be the one to know what with your stroker giving you grief nicholash. thanks for the heads up though.

considering my driveway is about a 8klm long dirt road i have given up on tryin to keep it clean, i can get it lookin all shiny and new but it will be back to what you see here in a few hundred meters. that and its rather dirty now from some other work i was doing on it recently.
Old 11-04-2010
Banned

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

rocker cover went back on in 5 mins........ not hard at all. what were your troubles with it nicholash???
Post New Thread  Reply