Warranty dissapointment. - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2013
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1 View Post
I can't believe the grief some of you guys are giving this bloke... Are you for real?! Some people check everything, some people don't because it's not practical to do so at the time - you could equally say that the dealer didn't do their $2,000 "dealer delivery" job properly and pick up the problem before the customer was presented the vehicle - whatever!..

The feedback to date has been destructive, not constructive. I'm also dissapointed that there are "senior members", or whatever they have been badged, who are carrying on like a$.
If the buyer didn't check what they purchased when they bought it it is noones else fault but theirs. Does it suck...sure does but you need to deal with it and move on. It is not the dealers responsibity after 1-2 years to replace an item they believed would have been in there...I think that's fair enough.
I am not having a go at the OP but stating the reality that in the end it is his responsibility to check and no one else's.
Old 06-12-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1 View Post
The feedback to date has been destructive, not constructive. I'm also dissapointed that there are "senior members", or whatever they have been badged, who are carrying on like a$.
Really? I didn't see a single member say that he would be an idiot to think it would be a valid warranty issue. And you'd be an idiot to take offense to it when people have taken the time to relatively politely respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymca77 View Post
6. To the members with suggestions of help Thank You.
7. I thought this was an honest query, sorry for wasting your time.
8. This will be my last post for help or advice if all I get from the Jeep community is belittling and ridicule.
Easy princess - This is an honest response and isn't intended to waste your time.
Think - Every person that responded WAS trying to help &/or give guidance.
You might not always like the answer, in other cases you might not agree.
But if you ask for honest opinions/suggestions this is what you get on ANY forum and heck in any face to face situation.
As much as I'd enjoy belittling and ridiculing your question - I won't. But please be realistic in how you would expect people to respond as eggshells are in short supply.
Old 06-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglertj View Post
If the buyer didn't check what they purchased when they bought it it is noones else fault but theirs. Does it suck...sure does but you need to deal with it and move on. It is not the dealers responsibity after 1-2 years to replace an item they believed would have been in there...I think that's fair enough.
I am not having a go at the OP but stating the reality that in the end it is his responsibility to check and no one else's.
I have to say I don't entirely agree with this.

Sure, if the guy had checked this when he bought the JK it would have been sorted much more easily. But it's not his responsibility to check that Jeep have supplied everything that was supposed to be included in the JK. Did you check everything when you picked yours up? I for one I'm still hoping in blind faith that they did remember to include the airbags just in case I need them some day but I'm not going to pull the dash apart to check.

I'll hold my hand up and say that I didn't check the soft top parts when I picked mine up.......and still haven't as it's never been used. To do so would have been impractical as I'd have needed to get the dealer to take the hard top off, then check the soft top works OK, and then put it all back (and to be honest I wouldn't have known how to do that at the time and I'm damn sure the useless dealer wouldn't have either!).

If I was in the OP's shoes then I'm damn sure I'd have gone back to the dealer and demanded that they supply the parts that they were supposed to supply in the first place. It's not so much a warranty issue as an expectation that all parts are supplied. The fact that you haven't used something in a period of time doesn't mean that you shouldn't expect it to be there. Sure there are time limitations on that but if the car is still within the warranty period (even though it's not technically a warranty issue) then I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the dealer to supply the parts.

Just my 10c.
Old 06-12-2013
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-JK View Post
I have to say I don't entirely agree with this.

Sure, if the guy had checked this when he bought the JK it would have been sorted much more easily. But it's not his responsibility to check that Jeep have supplied everything that was supposed to be included in the JK. Did you check everything when you picked yours up? I for one I'm still hoping in blind faith that they did remember to include the airbags just in case I need them some day but I'm not going to pull the dash apart to check.

I'll hold my hand up and say that I didn't check the soft top parts when I picked mine up.......and still haven't as it's never been used. To do so would have been impractical as I'd have needed to get the dealer to take the hard top off, then check the soft top works OK, and then put it all back (and to be honest I wouldn't have known how to do that at the time and I'm damn sure the useless dealer wouldn't have either!).

If I was in the OP's shoes then I'm damn sure I'd have gone back to the dealer and demanded that they supply the parts that they were supposed to supply in the first place. It's not so much a warranty issue as an expectation that all parts are supplied. The fact that you haven't used something in a period of time doesn't mean that you shouldn't expect it to be there. Sure there are time limitations on that but if the car is still within the warranty period (even though it's not technically a warranty issue) then I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the dealer to supply the parts.

Just my 10c.
thats the beauty of forums is we dont all agree. Did i check mine, no i didnt but when i did finally decide to put my soft top on and parts were missing would i be pissed...absolutley but is it the dealers fault after 2 years when i decided to check....nope its all my bad. i have a responsibility also to make sure i am getting what i paid for. Within a reasonable amount of time the dealer absolutley needs to take some responsibility here but 1-2 years after the fact before i go check and find parts missing....cmon thats my bloody fault for being so lazy and not checking for that long...thats when its time to suck it up and learn from my mistake
Old 06-12-2013
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Hypothetical question - Howlong after the purchase should be reasonable to go back regarding a missing part?
I never received the windscreen tie down for my 97 TJ
Old 06-12-2013
No Winching

Liked 504 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
Hypothetical question - Howlong after the purchase should be reasonable to go back regarding a missing part?
Of course you may have just used it as a recovery strap.........

Given that the consensus seems to be that two years if a bit too long.... you might just have to "move on". Besides the aftermarket windscreen tie down is probably 300% stronger than the original part.

Just buy one from a reputable parts vendor - I'm sure someone comes to mind
Old 06-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
I think that depends on how good your relationship is with the dealer!