new grand cherokee laredo - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-04-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default greg d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
Well I drove the jeep today . sitting on 100km cruise control on and the ETC light comes on and check engine light also, 600km on the clock still on its first tank of diesel, and its back to the dealer I go for the second time in a week .

Its defiantly gone into limp mode bogs right down when taking off from a stop
Not a happy customer looks like I've got a lemon on top of the reverse camera they want $800 to fit that's meant to be standard !
hey Gripper,the reversing camera is inclusive in the price of all Grand Cherokees,and fitted by the dealer at no extra cost,see your dealer and he will fit one at no extra cost.
Old 16-04-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg D View Post
hey Gripper,the reversing camera is inclusive in the price of all Grand Cherokees,and fitted by the dealer at no extra cost,see your dealer and he will fit one at no extra cost.
Dealer is fitting my reversing camera to my GC Laredo tomorrow.
Old 16-04-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi there
I have a 2011 and the reverse camera worked well however the picture was not as good as I thought it should be. Fitted a lockpick and had cameras fitted to the rear of the van and one at the front of the tug. All worked well and only just recently installed a new radio/media unit from Ebay (chinese) specially built for the 2011 to whatever year model with the same dash 6.5 screen only this time it has GPS (factory radio had no gps) that can be updated myself when I want. I must say the new radio revesing camera vision is 100 times better. Why you say because the resolution is 800 x 480 where the jeep radio was 480 x 240 or something like that I cant remember the exact numbers. So what that means the higher the resolution of the screen the better the picture. I fitted another camera to the rear of the jeep as the factory camera is canbus and only the new radio was canbus with the input only having a RCA plug. Great picture with the new camera and new radio. It got the better of me so I did a bit of research and worked out the wiring of the factory camera and re fitted it to the jeep with the new radio and still a very good reversing camera picture. So the moral of the storey is the picture on the screen is only as good as the resolution of the screen. Don't get me wrong I am not bagging the jeeps radio it has good functions designed well it is just the resolution of the screen at the time was way behind what was around then. Perhaps the owners of later jeeps should look up the specs (available on the web) and see. If the specs are 800 x 480 as what seems to be the current availability of most good units then perhaps the cameras are of poor quality or if the resolution is below 800 x 480 then you are not going to get a clearer viewing as some others. Hop this helps. It is not the end of the world you just put up with it or change over like I just have.
David
Old 16-04-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 201 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprod View Post
Got the call from my dealer and my reverse camera is being installed tomorrow. Will report back as to how good the quality is.
How long did you have to wait?

Still waiting purhcased JGC MY14 on 24th Jan 14....Losing patience
Old 17-04-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewy2001 View Post
How long did you have to wait?

Still waiting purhcased JGC MY14 on 24th Jan 14....Losing patience
About 3 months I think it was. We picked ours up in the first week of the new year from memory.

I think it is just a poor quality camera, especially from other things I have read but it does do the job. Even in low light the image is good enough to see if there is a person or animal behind the car and you should never rely solely on the camera in my opinion anyway.

I've read about the lockpick too. I'm thinking I might pick one up once the warranty expires.
Old 21-05-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I too am in the same boat of the "crappy" camera in my MY14 Laredo.

Barely adequate during the day, if no direct sunlight on it, and useless in the dark when you need it the most.

My friends MY13 Laredo camera is crystal clear.

Dealer said if I got another after market camera he would fit it for me.

So can someone tell me what and where they have sourced a new camera from.

Cheers
Old 22-05-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all

It appears that a very unhappy owner is about to start a complaint with Consumer Affairs Vic over the crappy camera's.

Follow this link

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/rear-...-46014-13.html

If we all support him we may get somewhere at last.

Last edited by Harada; 22-05-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply