Finally upgraded!! - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-05-2023
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 848 Times in 475 Posts

Update on the 2017GCD I was looking at!
Asked for invoices up to now.His wife sent by mistake a
Month old invoice from Cricks Jeep Sunshine Coast ,Rodent damage !Or more like rats picnic! Over $11000.00 damage to main wiring from headlights back! Over $5000.00 labourGeez ! Then he admitted no other invoice .So 9 months over due date for oil and filter change only gone 5000 klms in that time.However think I will pass on this one ,getting bad karma!
Old 18-05-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 693 Times in 388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Update on the 2017GCD I was looking at!
Asked for invoices up to now.His wife sent by mistake a
Month old invoice from Cricks Jeep Sunshine Coast ,Rodent damage !Or more like rats picnic! Over $11000.00 damage to main wiring from headlights back! Over $5000.00 labourGeez ! Then he admitted no other invoice .So 9 months over due date for oil and filter change only gone 5000 klms in that time.However think I will pass on this one ,getting bad karma!
Dodged a bullet there mate - even if they replaced the entire wiring harness, the chance of untraceable, unresolvable electrical gremlins is still pretty high.

Onward!

Old 18-05-2023
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

To me, I would loose any interest and forget any emotional attachment to that vehicle. For his wife to be handling everything points to him having No knowledge regarding vehicles and/or she has the final say if and when that car gets serviced and it has a sinister neglected past. Rats just don't set up camp overnight!! It's probably been sitting out in the backyard for weeks/months, with a $2 tarp thrown over it while they went on their cruise, come back and said shit, the lights Don't work, let's stick it in the dealer we last went to 12mths ago, I could rave on for hours, just remember the VIN # as it will probably end up popping up in a car yard with different rego plates once they trade it in
Old 22-05-2023
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 368 Times in 193 Posts

Got my “new” 2015 gc limited diesel with 50k on tge clock.
Car feels like new to drive compared to 2013-14 with 180k on it.
Bought it from a dealer and was told it had just been serviced.
Well the map sensor looks like it had never been cleaned, totally clogged up.
Car still has the factory air filter (still clean)
Fitted a tow bar (another post) .
Ive kept my old jeep for now as im swapping the ecb bull bar across to the new one.
Only thing is my old jeep has developed a noise on cold mornings, cant quite place it, when i first take off its like a binding sound as i take off ,its not an engine noise as when i stop the engine revs freely no noise, the noise goes after a few minutes and then fine rest of the day.
Maybe a drive line, wheel bearing ????
Some mornings it just dosnt do it at all, very weird

Last edited by genpk; 22-05-2023 at 08:21 AM.
Old 22-05-2023
Rock Munki

Liked 1,332 Times in 768 Posts

Bugger...its not a brake pad sticking is it ?....My Park Brake will 'stick' on the passengers side rear at times...only know cause I can hear the 'squeak squeak' of the sticking pad as I drive off...I stop...kick the Park Brake On n Off...bingo...all good

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 22-05-2023
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,979 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Got my “new” 2015 gc limited diesel with 50k on tge clock.
Car feels like new to drive compared to 2013-14 with 180k on it.
Bought it from a dealer and was told it had just been serviced.
Well the map sensor looks like it had never been cleaned, totally clogged up.
Car still has the factory air filter (still clean)
Fitted a tow bar (another post) .
Ive kept my old jeep for now as im swapping the ecb bull bar across to the new one.
Only thing is my old jeep has developed a noise on cold mornings, cant quite place it, when i first take off its like a binding sound as i take off ,its not an engine noise as when i stop the engine revs freely no noise, the noise goes after a few minutes and then fine rest of the day.
Maybe a drive line, wheel bearing ????
Some mornings it just dosnt do it at all, very weird

50K km, that just means it has had one fuel filter change since new, and possibly 2 air filters, mine felt like a new vehicle when I saved it at 40K km, still does really, I know you said you were going change all filters and dump the fluids, a must on any newly purchased pre loved chariot I would also chuck the engine cover they are just for looks and sound deadening, I also got rid of the foam blocks over the injectors, they don't need to retain any more heat, now I can inspect and see the engine, it cools down quicker as well... is a bit noisier but I don't care...

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 22-05-2023
CrawlerStar

Liked 368 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
50K km, that just means it has had one fuel filter change since new, and possibly 2 air filters, mine felt like a new vehicle when I saved it at 40K km, still does really, I know you said you were going change all filters and dump the fluids, a must on any newly purchased pre loved chariot I would also chuck the engine cover they are just for looks and sound deadening, I also got rid of the foam blocks over the injectors, they don't need to retain any more heat, now I can inspect and see the engine, it cools down quicker as well... is a bit noisier but I don't care...
All good advice.
Today did the oil filter/oil change and changed the fuel filters, flushed coolant and cleaned out the expansion tank, full of that factory brown crap.
Had a look at the power steering fluid and the fluid was a red colour??!
Some peanut has used normal power steering fluid.
Strange as the car has had only 6 services and 5 of those were at a jeep dealer!! with the Hyundai dealer i bought to from the last. They stated all they had done was oil and filter so it appears the Jeep dealership did it ???
Im waiting on their service records to see it it was changed by them.
Extracted all the fluid out of the master cylinder, refilled with LDAS fluid,moved the wheels around, took for a drive, extracted it out again did that 3 times.
Ill leave it another few days and extract it again.
Checked fluids in TC cases, all seemed good.
The only remaining issue of concern is at startup, there is a slight clunk which sounds like somthing bumping the body. Engine mounts all checked ok and there is very little engine movement at startup so not sure.
Reading some forums it appears to be a common issue which no one has found an answer.
Other than that it drives great.
Post New Thread  Reply