Another camper build - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > Camper Trailers and Caravans
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-10-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJKEE View Post
Tassie
How is the trailer going?
Looking forward to see it done!
I start on the tralier again next month, due to getting married next week. Lots will be done as it needs to be finish this year.
Old 10-11-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Time to get thinks going, started on the kitchen on the weekend. Got the frame and rail setup done. Tomorrow going to wire brush the rust off the floor of the trailer and finish the kitchen this weekend.

Old 11-11-2008
Greying Nomad

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Glad to see you've changed your mind about where the kitchen will be. I know you got the double sink for nothing, but if you install that you will regret not having bench top space for food preparation - or your wife will, which is more important.
Old 11-11-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The kitchen is in a better spot and will also have a 1m fold out bench top, where the kitchen was going to be is still going to be a drawer, just for storage. With the sink, lm going to cut it up to suit. so far the kitchen has cost me $80 (not including the stove $100), the frame work is made out of old school tables frames (30x30x2mm) and the sink is from them too (best thing about working for a school, they throw out so much stuff). All l brought is the angle metal (50x50x3 & 20x20x3mm), nut & bolts and the stakeborad bearings. The spot next to the kitchen will be a drawer aswell for the 80lt fridge and small pantry.
Old 13-11-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Done some more today, finish painting and started putting the wood on. Its starting to look like something.

Old 13-11-2008
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Looking good mate, i'm still going through ideas for my camper in the near future and i reacon the two of us think very much alike as it's going to be pretty close to yours just with a smaller tent.

Just a question, do you plan on running stock ratios and towing on the 33"s? I was just curious as i'm planning on running 30"s or maybee 31"s as my touring tyre and just have a set of Simex for offroading.

Ben
Old 13-11-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Looking good mate, i'm still going through ideas for my camper in the near future and i reacon the two of us think very much alike as it's going to be pretty close to yours just with a smaller tent.

Just a question, do you plan on running stock ratios and towing on the 33"s? I was just curious as i'm planning on running 30"s or maybee 31"s as my touring tyre and just have a set of Simex for offroading.

Ben
Thanks for that, look forward to see yours,

Im changing the ratios to 4.56 as lm to lazy to change tyres all the time. Ive got the gears, just waiting to get them put in.

cheers Alan