KJ Snorkel - Page 42 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-12-2006
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDASH
I have no other reference than the information I was given from Safari, and although I'd say there's more science to it than a "rule of thumb" so I guess that's a Safari rather than industry standard...but of course I could be wrong.
Sure, just wondering I guess. Maybe you could ask them on our behalf ? I'd like to know some of the details behind their reasoning / development.

Cheers
Stu
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 15-12-2006
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep
I think Safari was just wise and thought it was too much work for the KJ one when there is already one on the market now. If it had been easy they may have gone ahead but the amount of R&D was just not worth the halved market now. Just makes more economic sense to cover what has not been done before at least first.
Obviously you're entitled to your opinion (what would this forum be without our own opinons ) and I could be dead wrong, but nothing I have heard from Safari believes me to think that they wont do a KJ snorkel now because Airflow has. Safari's choice to do the snorkel was made based on export market potenital, not local sales, and when the snag was hit in the R&D process, they were very adamant that it wasn't a "no", just a delay.
Old 15-12-2006
Team CPC

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If they are basing the decision on the overseas export potential then they would have already done one. I rang them a very long time ago with links to the LOST web site. The Liberty guys have been crying for a snorkel for a very long time. ??????

www.goldcoastjeepers.com
Old 16-12-2006
Just Build it

I should be test fitting mine Wed / Thursday next week.

Looking forward to it.

Is it just me or are my feelings of "feeling like a guinea pig" actually true ?
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 16-12-2006
LOST

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU
I should be test fitting mine Wed / Thursday next week.

Looking forward to it.

Is it just me or are my feelings of "feeling like a guinea pig" actually true ?

we will see who gets a shot up on the web first stu
Old 19-12-2006
LOST

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

santa came early to the froseseses yay
Old 19-12-2006
Just Build it

And the Murcho's :P!!

Well heck, after looking at the templates and the pieces in the kit, i'm thinking this may take a little longer than expected to install !! Its all good though. Its a very comprehensive kit and the dummy mould that has the cut away's as a template is a must I reckon. The quality of the pieces looks top notch, cant wait to hack away at my brand new $53K + KJ LTD !!!

I'll most likely get around to fitting it this Sunday or Monday.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Post New Thread  Reply