KJ Fuel economy thread - Page 45 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-06-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok. After 12 months of ownership of my late 2001 KJ limited petrol the trip computer ( I reset it the day I bought it and haven't touched it since) is sitting on 12.4lt/100km. About 15000km all up, 50/50 city/highway driving. From time to time I manually confirm the fuel figures between fill ups. I'm quite pleased with this overall as I had heard of some nightmare fuel figures from the V6. Having said this, I had similar (only slightly worse) figures from my XJ in the previous 10 year period...
Old 04-07-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU View Post
Dont bother, they're rubbish. A 2.4lt petrol engine that was designed to run a PT Cruiser and Chrysler Neon should have never been put in a bloody 2Tonne 4WD.
I just got one and Iam getting 210km on 1/4 of a tank.
Its a 04 2.4lt petrol manual
Old 04-07-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

since owning the KJ(3.7L, No Lift, No Bar, i've done 13481 k's, and over all types of petrol im getting 15.3 L/100km. I have a fairly mediocre run to work every morning with 25km run each way, of reasonable traffic, but not a crawl just stop start.

e10 around town works out to be the cheapest, with 95 being the best for km per $ for highway usage.
Old 27-08-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiom View Post
since owning the KJ(3.7L, No Lift, No Bar, i've done 13481 k's, and over all types of petrol im getting 15.3 L/100km. I have a fairly mediocre run to work every morning with 25km run each way, of reasonable traffic, but not a crawl just stop start.

e10 around town works out to be the cheapest, with 95 being the best for km per $ for highway usage.
Hi,

I get about the same in my '02 KJ V6.

Seems to be the usual. High grade fuels seem to help a little but only a little. I use 95 RON here. 98 is avail. from BP but it is 10c/litre more expensive!!!!

Have a day

Oliver

'18 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
'42 Ford GPW
Yaesu FTM-300DR

Old 27-08-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Have had my stock 2005 KJ V6 for about 5000km now, 400km per week just driving to work (80% busy streets and 20% highway) average
about 13.1lt/100km, on standard 91 fuel (not the ethonol crap)
Old 30-08-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobster View Post
KJ andy, you got any fuel figures to go with that. i'm interested in what your doing so just wondering if it's worth while.Just for interest i put a couple of Hi-clone in my '03 limited last week and drove from the Gold Coast to Newcastle and back and averaged 13lt/100k's not bad i thought,will keep you updated.
Mate how are the Hiclones going?
Old 30-08-2011
Renegade

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Its those half hour trips that cause the issue. I've watched the fuel usage and noticed it'll run rich for 15-18 mins and then settles down. I have suffered bad fuel economy on trips to work but on long runs the difference is startling.

2012 WK2 GC Overland CRD
Post New Thread  Reply