KJ lifts and what to expect - Page 45 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2014

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 25 Times in 21 Posts

Here are the pics. This is the only way I know how to add them. There are 3 photos. Stock, new tyres and after lift. The last one was taken when I picked up the car, so I will add a better picture later

Click image for larger version

Name:	kj1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	67866

Name:	kj2.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	67867

Name:	kj3.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	67868
Old 06-05-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Default KJ lifts and what to expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ65 View Post
Here are the pics. This is the only way I know how to add them. There are 3 photos. Stock, new tyres and after lift. The last one was taken when I picked up the car, so I will add a better picture later

Attachment 67866

Attachment 67867

Attachment 67868

Very nice! Had a look and they only do 3.5"? I was looking for maximum 2.5". What size tyres you have on there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a KJ thing!
KJ Cherokee 65th Anniversary Edition
Old 06-05-2014

Tyres are BFG KM2s 245/70/17s or 30.5" same as 245/75/16 if you running 16" wheels.
Minor rubbing on front when steering is full lock. Doesn't sound good when reversing as the inner liner catches the tyre in the lugs. Kind of like a bit of cardboard in the spokes of a bicycle. Minor trimming or greater back spaced wheels will fix this.

I'm not sure about the 3.5" lift.
As far as I'm aware Dobinson only do a quoted 40-50mm lift or 2". You can see that it has come up more than this but this in a lowered 05 model and some of it would be sag. I don't think I would want any higher though.
Petrol or Diesel have different part numbers and they have an option for constant rear load too.

Last edited by TJ65; 06-05-2014 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-05-2014

Just a better pic showing the lift.
Also the culprit for the rubbing tyre at full lock. It seems to just catch the lugs on the muddies when in reverse as it goes up the plastic. Going forward doesn't make any noise or cause any dramas. Probably wouldn't happen with ATs but a quick little trim tomorrow and it will be sweet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kj4.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	67896   Click image for larger version

Name:	kj7.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	67897  
Old 09-05-2014
CrawlerStar

It's amazing what a huge difference a set of tyres can make to a car. They're a good looking tyre. That rub isn't very good looking though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a KJ thing!
Old 09-05-2014

Only have to trim an inch off the ends. Could probably remove that whole strip without any issues
Old 02-07-2014
CrawlerStar

Does anyone here have experience with Koni shocks and King coils? I'm considering a lift kit for my KJ containing these items. It costs $1350 although for that price, probably just as well go for the ARB kit. Any thoughts?

It's a KJ thing!
Post New Thread  Reply