What are your next mods / What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 455 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-05-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

pics of the new airbox (sorry their all reflected) took the photo at night and the flash came on

Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	54398

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	54399
Old 19-05-2012
SwampDigger

Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Looked at it, cursed it, threw empty cans at it.
Bugger it, tailshafts with flogged uni's and cardan joints coming out tomorrow with the transfer, get stuck into the atlas install. It's not going to wait any longer.
Old 20-05-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pulled my front tail shaft out I thinks it's stuffed again
Only had it rebuilt just under 3 months ago.
Old 20-05-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Got it dirty in the Otway national park.. Debating whether to wash it... Blah!
Old 20-05-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

went wheeling for the first time in ages
Old 21-05-2012
SwampDigger

Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Got busy, sort of.
Pre-assembled shifter and floor bucket, but missing a few bolts, probably kicking around the shed floor where the case was sitting in the cobwebs and dust LOL. Both front and rear cardans are flogged, rear tailshaft unis are rusty and shot, so about time I started this.

Old 22-05-2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default banks Exhaust

Installed a Banks Monster Cat back exhaust and torque tubes headers.

What a bast#$d of a job ☺ You really need 6 foot long arms with tiny monkey like fingers and maybe some bashproof knuckles. There is even less clearance on the banks headers than the OEM ones. I did shed about 6kg though ☺

I will post up a bit more of a writeup once my hands and arms recover.

I have only really driven about 5kms home on them though so can't report too much. I do like the new exhaust note though. Not a huge performance gain (I wasn't holding out for much though) I think a torque improvement around the 2k mark. I will writeup a bit more once I have lived with it for a week and gotten over the installation.

This was the 3rd set of headers I have installed on a car and by far the worst ever. Just no access at all. I ended up pulling the front wheel and rubber shroud to try and get a bit more access. I had to pull the mid pipe too. Plus first time around I didn't line up the dowels on the intake properly and the new fangled copper gasket spray I used tore the gasket when I pulled it off to realign it. I thought it would be ok, but I got a vacuum leak on the intake and couldn't improve on a 3k idle speed. So I had to pull it all off and install a new gasket, so I wasn't a happy camper.

The cat back was an hour job. The hardest part was getting the old can and tail pipe off. I ended up cutting the tail pipe to get it up over the rear axel. The tail pipe was in 3 pieces so it was an easy install.

I have some better pics on my camera, I just left it at my factory unit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	54474   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	54475  
Post New Thread  Reply