What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 455 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-02-2012
Sponsored by Centrelink

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud'N'Guts View Post
Sprayed all the rubber bushes with silicone lubricant to get rid of all those annoying squeaks and eeps.

No more deafening squeaks while driving lol.

I'm about to loose my temper with mine, squeak in the front right is ridiculous, gonna strip everything out and re tension & anti seize ect. The sand just drys everything out
Old 19-02-2012
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

I installed the new crossmember today. Nicely powdercoated & black. Won't be long before it is brown like everything else under there!

The bugger of it is, the new bolts I bought are too big to fit! They are ~13mm shank, where the OEM ones are slightly <12mm. Bugger, have to find another bolt shop! In the mean time, I cleaned the originals as well as I could & gave then a coat of cold gal primer before reinstalling.
Old 19-02-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

So jealous that looks mint! Is that a new colour for the 2012's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgesadlik View Post
Hi everyone, I bought a JEEP!

First post after lurking here for well over a year.
I sold my Land Rover Discovery last week because i had my 2012 Rubicon Unlimited arrive this week and i picked her up yesterday.
Here's a couple of picks. I love the colour and it looks even better in person.
After only 24hrs of driving i love this thing and am looking forward to sharing my build info and picking up a few pointers from you seasoned Jk owners along the way.
If any of you Sydney siders happen to see me on the roads be sure to give us a wave.

Cheers George.

Specs:

2012 Rubicon Unlimited - Crush
3.6 Pentastar
Auto
Mygig / Connectivity Group
285/70R17 BFG KM2
Old 20-02-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I took it out of the garage and actually drove it..... A whole 200km that's a grand total of 323kms for the month.
Old 20-02-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashman View Post
I took it out of the garage and actually drove it..... A whole 200km that's a grand total of 323kms for the month.
thats 200kms more than me..
Old 20-02-2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgesadlik View Post
Hi everyone, I bought a JEEP!

First post after lurking here for well over a year.
I sold my Land Rover Discovery last week because i had my 2012 Rubicon Unlimited arrive this week and i picked her up yesterday.
Here's a couple of picks. I love the colour and it looks even better in person.
After only 24hrs of driving i love this thing and am looking forward to sharing my build info and picking up a few pointers from you seasoned Jk owners along the way.
If any of you Sydney siders happen to see me on the roads be sure to give us a wave.

Cheers George.

Specs:

2012 Rubicon Unlimited - Crush
3.6 Pentastar
Auto
Mygig / Connectivity Group
285/70R17 BFG KM2
George,

I picked up my 2012 Rubicon on Saturday... HOW GOOD IS IT!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0485.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	52980  

If I type my mods i remember how much i've spent..
Old 20-02-2012
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Heya Rhino, I couldn't be happier right now with the JK. I got a Procal just today and I recalibrated the Rubicon to suit the 285/70R17 BFG KM2 i had fitted at delivery and now it's even better. So responsive and nice to drive ! Best first mod you could do if you change the tyres i think.
Now to decide on what to replace the parkbench with and if it's worth throwing the levelling kit in ?

Cheers

George.
Post New Thread  Reply