What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 456 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-05-2010
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally sorted the Disk Breaks for the Full Floating Dana 44 rear end

Settled out like this

I had to leave the trusty EB breaks for a couple of reasons
1. Going 6 x 5.5 stud pattern (J10 / Early Cherokee) , I needed a larger centre hole than EB could do
2. With the stub axle bolted to the diff there was no room for the EB backing plate.
3. Having to bolt the caliper mounting plate to the inside of the diff required a deep dish rotor
(Nissan Pathfinder, 6 x 5.5 vented Deep dish rotors, fitted to bill)
4. With the stub axle to bolt to the diff, drum hand break was out.
(This rules out BA, Territory and Explorer calipers)
5. Vented rotor requires the BA style break pad but. (Narrower but longer than EB)

Solution :- USA Ford Mustang Rear caliper, this runs the same pads as a BA falcon but includes the handbrake in the caliper similar to the EB Falcon units. Yahoo.

Nothing is easy, but if you persist, you will probably find more headaches.
Old 01-06-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
Your getting chrome axles and I have recently fitted a chrome grille.... whats the point of chrome axles when you can't see 'em???
I'll know i have nice shiny ones in there There the 4140 chrome axles which are supposed to be or should be stronger than standard.Will swap d35 out eventually but going to take mine in battle of the states and wanted spare axles for insurance to be able to drive it back from Tenterfield way to home again.
Old 02-06-2010
AJOR Gold

Liked 31 Times in 21 Posts

just ordered my JKS crossover. 10 days and counting!!!
Old 05-06-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

pulled apart interior to install water/trans temp guages and while i was at it i changed the shifter lights to led and also all the interior llights.
tomorrow i will tackle mounting the trans cooler.
Old 05-06-2010
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

Well, I took delivery of my "new" 97 XJ this morning and spent the rest of the morning crawling all over it to figure out what bits to fix up first.It's a pretty small list though, luckily.I will post pics soon.
Old 05-06-2010
I've Been Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPCHIK View Post
Well, I took delivery of my "new" 97 XJ this morning and spent the rest of the morning crawling all over it to figure out what bits to fix up first.It's a pretty small list though, luckily.I will post pics soon.

Ha Ha Ha, you didnt, did you......Welcome to the Family JEEPCHIK.....
Old 05-06-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMashed View Post
Picked up my d44 today, ordered a RD116 30 spline ARB, and ARB diff hat yesterday.
Just need ratios (4.11's) to suit the front and some other bits to start the work on it.

Hanson front bar has been shipped from California yesterday via Fed-Ex air freight , still works out cheaper than an ARB bar !.
Thats a nice little list sMashed.Xmas has come early
Post New Thread  Reply