What are your next mods / What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 493 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2013
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by low ranger View Post
With regards to your compressor not liking running off your aux battery, If its a deep cycle, then it probably won`t like the 50amp draw. My air compressor won`t run well off my deep cycle aux battery either.
Rick
Thanks Rick, the compressor does run off the duel battery but only through a direct attachment on its 50A Anderson plug. It really didn't like running through the relays and isolator that were only rated to 35A. It seams to run up ok in my initial testing and it will be good to get it out bush so I can go from 15PSI up to road pressures on all the tires and see how much current it sucks out of the battery. I deflated my spare to 0PSI and then filled it up to 42PSI in 1 Min 32 Seconds which I was happy with.
P - pocket

Why does my jeep want to bankrupt me?
Old 08-04-2013
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hey guys .gotta renew.my suspension .all bushes are worn out .i want to got to 35's but hey good are they on a short arm kit ? I want to go long arm but funds are a bit tight for that .i have 2" body lift already in it .but gunna get new coils ,shocky's and tossing up for new short arm kit or go long arm .? Your feed back on your tj's would be good please .stability and ride ? .at moment only have 32's and its like a spider lol the angles I can have it on and still stable .i do relize higher is sometime not better for stability .33's were next option for angle stability with a tummy tuck ?
Old 08-04-2013
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	61060.nice bit of angle lol sorry using iPhone and picture I can't rotate !!! For some resin they coming out at wrong rotation

Last edited by BaldyTJ; 08-04-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

next mod well when i save more coin to pay somebody to build them arb lockers arb diff covers alloy usa gears heavy duty axles u bolt yoke upgrade brc diff breather kit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cryslers on the murry 2013 047.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	61062  
Old 10-04-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

Over the weekend, converted my rear drum brakes on the TJ to disc brakes using Rubicon D44 parts. A straight bolt on conversion with no cutting or welding. My old seal was leaking, which destroyed the brakes and the bearing. So things had to be replaced anyway, decided to convert to discs.

It does make a big difference with working rear brakes. As they are all Jeep parts for a TJ Rubicon, should be easy to find spares in future.
Old 10-04-2013
AJOR Gold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Jeeper View Post
Over the weekend, converted my rear drum brakes on the TJ to disc brakes using Rubicon D44 parts. A straight bolt on conversion with no cutting or welding. My old seal was leaking, which destroyed the brakes and the bearing. So things had to be replaced anyway, decided to convert to discs.

It does make a big difference with working rear brakes. As they are all Jeep parts for a TJ Rubicon, should be easy to find spares in future.
It seems to easy... Whats the catch?

There has to be a "Jeep" issue in there somewhere. Did you have to promise your first son to "someone" in exchange for such a simple swap?
P - pocket

Why does my jeep want to bankrupt me?
Old 10-04-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall View Post
It seems to easy... Whats the catch?

There has to be a "Jeep" issue in there somewhere. Did you have to promise your first son to "someone" in exchange for such a simple swap?
No catches if you have made sure all the parts acquired in advance are correct and matching pieces. I do have the list somewhere stacked away of what all of them were. The most difficult part was getting the old bearings off.