Service - Fly Away Dollars - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-09-2013
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,591 Times in 4,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_Colonel View Post
Neither does yours.
??????????????? Please explain.
If you were to look back a bit on AJOR you would see that my suggested approach has been successful many times.

Do you have a better way?
Old 25-09-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSE3.9 View Post
Picked up my Jeep and the service cost was $1197.00.That is for a basic service - oil change, oil filter, swapped the diff oils and check this and that which is not much work really. The air filter was not changed and there was no tyre rotation.

I was also advised by the service advisor that the next service in 6 months time, the 48,000 km service, they would be changing the spark plugs.The cost for this service would be about $2000. Projecting forward based on current usage my Wrangler will only have covered some 23000 kms when that next service falls due.

So this will be a grand total of a tad over $3G just for servicing in this 12 month period.

I live in a reasonably isolated small country town in north east Vic which limits my alternate servicing options to about zero.
Geeze mate, did they at least call you the next day? That is terrible on the dealer's behalf!! I was very worried about what price I should be expecting for my next service, so I phoned my local dealer, Geelong City Motors. I was advised that the diff oils have to be changed and that it will cost $550 - $600 for the service, basically half of the price you had to pay.

I really hate the 6 month servicing, or more importantly the cost's associated with the service!! I've had my JK for almost 1.5 years and spent just under $1.5k in servicing alone!!

Old 25-09-2013
RubiconSlammer

Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

Where are those chill pills layback

I would certainly be talking to the dealer principal and if you don't get a result name and shame, personally I will be using my local Ultratune dude as he has been good with my other cars.
Old 25-09-2013
RubiconSlammer

Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by task82 View Post
I really hate the 6 month servicing, or more importantly the cost's associated with the service!! I've had my JK for almost 1.5 years and spent just under $1.5k in servicing alone!!

I had a look at my service sticker this morning and it has the next service at 12000 k's and no 6 monthly date, I find this strange.
Old 25-09-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I suffer from invouluntary pucker when I read these survice quotes...
Old 25-09-2013
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock God View Post
How does servicing somewhere else effect your warranty? I thought under warranty you had to go to the dealer.
As said above. For manufacturers warranty you can get it done at any licensed mechanic. BUT, if you have an extended warranty, it can specify that you are only covered if you go through the dealer as it is an aftermarket product sold to you by the dealer & a 3rd party insurer, not from the manufacturer. And thus does not fall under the TPA regulation.
Old 25-09-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AroGantz View Post
I had a look at my service sticker this morning and it has the next service at 12000 k's and no 6 monthly date, I find this strange.
Be very careful with that mate, they are a 6 month service and I am certain you will find that in your manual/servicing book. They did the same thing from my last service. I would think if there was a major warranty claim and you did not have your vehicle serviced every 6 months, as per the disclaiming in your book, then they may have grounds to deny your claim. Mind you, I’m a prepare for the worse kind of guy