WKs breaking down,diesels! - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2023
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 846 Times in 474 Posts

I would call FCA Stellantis the biggest bunch of a………..s I have EVER dealt with.!
Had to take them to court ten years ago for a world wiide safety recall N23
regarding inoperative low range and slipping out of low range!FCA totally ignored me for a year. I won ,plus monetary payment! NB world wide safety recall,sound familiar!Then the carbon fibre trim and leather dash pad on my 60000 klms SRT falling off. They said if I had had it serviced at a Jeep dealer they would have considered the claim.Known problem on all WKs ,Totally illegal statement! Did get a resonable outcome on that problem. Bare in mind four GCs in our family,brand loyalty means zilch! I know a Service manger at a Jeep,dealer who left a few months ago,had a gut full of FCA still refusing legitimate claims and having to tell customers .! Nothings changed.He was in a multi franchise dealer ship and said others were just as bad.!
Old 12-06-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 672 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
I thought it was an earlier model as it has the sway bar mount on the shock but then it could be the later models that had that, I know mine hasn't.......the skinny fog lights on the bumper might be an age hint, I just get lost with the variations ..... ????? ..
It's an MY17+ - the easiest way to tell is the area around the headlight washers is body coloured and not the black plastic honeycomb, as they are on MY14-MY16. Slightly different grille design too, with the 7 slots on the MY17+ being more protrusive, and lacking the 'hammerhead' type plastic surround.

The fogs are also different on MY17+, with the Laredo, Limited, Trailhawk, and Overland getting a slightly more rectangular cutout, but the same round lens as earlier models. The very skinny fogs pictured, with the larger rectangular lens, mean it's a Summit, S-Limited, or S-Overland which all had a slightly different ('sportier', lower hanging) front bumper design.

Had a check on Facebook and his is an MY20 S-Limited.

Old 12-06-2023
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,949 Times in 2,330 Posts

So its not just me and old timers, so many varieties......... well I hope its easily sorted for him though I think a bit more than just a lower arm will be involved...............

Hey @BJM not the first time I have heard those sentiments from someone from a dealership, its a pity really......... same thing was sort of said about Jeep back in the 70's ....................

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 12-06-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,324 Times in 762 Posts

Relating to that bjm....same goes for Merc and Rover/Leyland in the 90's...and for Rover/Leyland you can extend that period....total pita when Global GIANTS in industry KNOWS they have an issue but play the U.S. Law system created card of...'nope...prove me wrong...hope you have deep pockets and a long life ahead of you, cos this suckers gonna be as drawn out as we can make it...our aim is to out finance you into withdrawing your claim...after you've spent all you can afford....which is way less than we can, cos we aint gonna let your claim create a precedent and really expose us to the true cost of our poor workmanship...nope...no sir...not happening'

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 12-06-2023
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,949 Times in 2,330 Posts

Stallantis being Chrysler stable, Maserati, Fiat, Opel, Vauxhaul, Peugeot, Alfa Romeo and a couple of others I think, wonder if things will improve..........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 14-06-2023
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 288 Times in 210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
Classic boy...using those findings...would you suggest that towing at around 2000rpm...where the turbo is actively providing the 'boost' to produce max (kinda) torque, but the engine revs arent excessively high....would provide a 'safer' environment for longevity ???.....just following that train of theory
It’s likely using a EGT gauge to manage exhaust temps and by extension combustion temps would probably help prevent piston failure particularly when towing in high ambient temps.
Old 14-06-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,324 Times in 762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Boy View Post
It’s likely using a EGT gauge to manage exhaust temps and by extension combustion temps would probably help prevent piston failure particularly when towing in high ambient temps.
Thanks Classic Boy.
May need to invest in 'some of that there new fangled teknoligeee'.....I know Drover tows via exhaust temps....keeping the oil burner happy with gear selection and an eye on the exhaust temp gauge.....I have sweet fa except the tranny temp on evic and an eye on the coolant temp gauge....every so often on a trip (every 20-50klm...or if I hear, smell, feel or see somethin weird) I take a squizzy/scroll through the evic and check 'whats goin on' but nothing I have currently relates to exhaust temps or intake temps or 'burns'....only way I know a burn is in progress is the fan noise....while I still have my hearing Im safe there....
Really appreciate your input, assistance and sharing of knowledge....cheers !

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Post New Thread  Reply