Kolak The End ? - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry The other side of the story

I am the person who has filled a dispute with Paypal over not recieving the goods that are on order with Nick, aka Kolak.

On the 14th of June Nick sent me through an invoice for $315usd for the goods including freight, it was paid for the next day.

On the 10th of July, yes 25 days later, the goods were shipped! That's waiting almost 4 weeks for some extremely common and easily obtainable components to get sent on their way. (I know a couple of people on here who purchased items from the same supplier as which Nick bought from around the same time and their goods not only arrived in a timely manner, but were sent out very shortly after they were paid for.)

2 days later, July 12th, they arrived at the International Sorting Centre in LA and were processed through there and have not been seen or heard of since.

I waited 10 days after this, 22nd of July, before I sent an email to Nick asking what was happening with the progress of the shipment as it has never taken this long before for much larger and heavier items.

I was told by Nick, "don't worry about it this happens all the time", which I felt I was being brushed off. At this point I didn't know the items could be traced, if he had of told me this would be a very different situation.

I have not made a claim for the money at all, but after not recieving the goods 42 days after they were paid for, and only having 45 days to file a dispute with Paypal for goods not recieved I filed a dispute. I sent several emails to Nick about the matter but they were responded with his usual weekend autoresponder of "Send this email again after the weekend as this email will not be read".

Nick is not being ripped off in any way, shape or form. We all use Paypal for purchasing goods for its ease of use and security if something goes wrong. At the moment all I have done is to protect myself for not getting what I paid for. It will be seven weeks on the 3rd of August since I paid for my goods and still have not recieved them.

Maybe if he had of posted the goods in a timely manner he would not have gotten himself in this situation. I remember several people on here last year that ordered Bilstein shocks from him and whilst there was problems keeping up with demand at the Bilstein factory, Nick, (Kolak), had no hesitation filling orders to people in the US that ordered them after people in the UK and Australia had ordered them from him.

Quite a few of you on here know me, and I have recommended to Kolak to quite a lot of people especially on here, AND I WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO!

I have communicated with Nick on several occasions about this matter, and I have told him I want the products, and I'm more than happy to pay for them. This situation as I have now found out is tracable and it is being investigated by the postal agencies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paypal history.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	63364   Click image for larger version

Name:	usps shipping info.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	63365   Click image for larger version

Name:	USPS kolak shipping.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	63366  

Last edited by anonymous for now; 02-08-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Thanks for your reply Anonymous - there's always two sides. Hope it all works out.
Old 02-08-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts

Some of you clowns need a reality check - talk about jumping on bandwagons.
A shame not to see this level of support to local or sponsoring vendors form the CG crowd.
Old 03-08-2013
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

So maybe now I do have reason to doubt Kolak's rep it seems. Whilst I certainly have seen those sort of delays in my personal US shipping from time to time and have watched my tracking seemingly sit stagnant for unknown reasons it would seem his problem here is either a degree of slackness in following up the transaction or as much not providing timely information to his customer as to delays prior to actual shipping. Maybe he's doing too much at times.
Although not right it doesn't surprise me that he looks after his 99% customer base first and foremost.

Last edited by fester; 03-08-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-08-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Its always good to get both sides two every story. I have been waiting some time now just for my goods to be sent.

: 5th July Paid

: 27th July is was packed an sent so 22 days for the part to be sent to him.

: 31st is was finally processed at LA after 4 days there ?

Seems to be sitting there still. Although it does say Guaranteed By August 5, 2013 Which I can't see.

I had a look on the Mopar site and I am still getting a decent deal as they want what I paid for the part and shipping. To me its worth the wait as I'm not in a big hurry.
Old 03-08-2013
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,591 Times in 4,361 Posts

I am inclined to side with the supplier.
It is not unusual for items to sit for ever in the delivery chain.
I had a parcel (small~250gm) with a tracking number show a postage date 3 weeks after it was actually posted, the supplier had the receipt for the postage.
The item then took another 2 weeks to be flown from EU to Australia. It then took 3 week from when it landed at Tullamarine till it was cleared & on its way via auspost to me.
I was continually told that I should have used express post as this would be quicker. The item was in the same transit bag as the express post items.
My conclusion was that items are often put aside & left for a few weeks as they are not part of a premium service.
On a similar note, a similar sized package to me was sent from the EU on a Thursday & it arrived on the Monday. At the same time a small parcel was posted to me on the Thursday morning in Adelaide & it arrived on the Monday as well.
Dont shoot suppliers for a stuffed delivery system!!

Maybe some one could send a link to this thread to the supplier.
Old 03-08-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Default Kolak The End ?

Clowns...?

Last edited by SNOWG; 03-08-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply