2013 5 speed grand cherokee P0741 - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-06-2023
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Dont have to go to the dealer.Google how to reset 2011-13 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel TCM ,pretty simple !
Ohh wow ok, i thought that was only possible for the transfer case control module, the one under passenger seat
Old 20-06-2023
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 575 Times in 296 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I am interested to know how the TCM goes as it is a suspect in mine as when you have the speed display on in the obd2 reader (BlueDriver) and logging it, the display shows intervals of no speed, only for a split second or so sometimes a bit longer

And where it is located. FCA has really protected the info you can get on these even though it really costs them sales, should take a leaf out of Ineos Grenadier and make it accessible

Bob
Old 20-06-2023
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 575 Times in 296 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebreakerbob View Post
I am interested to know how the TCM goes as it is a suspect in mine as when you have the speed display on in the obd2 reader (BlueDriver) and logging it, the display shows intervals of no speed, only for a split second or so sometimes a bit longer

And where it is located. FCA has really protected the info you can get on these even though it really costs them sales, should take a leaf out of Ineos Grenadier and make it accessible

Bob
PS If I remember rightly the 2011-13 TCM module was hard to come by second hand years ago.
Old 21-06-2023
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 848 Times in 475 Posts

Pretty sure the TCM is in the forward part of the centre console,past the gear lever ,pull out the plastic trim on both sides and it should be clipped in there
Old 21-06-2023
I just registered

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Pretty sure the TCM is in the forward part of the centre console,past the gear lever ,pull out the plastic trim on both sides and it should be clipped in there
Thats correct, but i am reading it needs to be programmed to car, not just a simple reset. Also the TCM is actually cheaper than the TCCM which is surprising. I was looking at replacing both as the TCCM is a quite common replaceable part, local dealer selling TCM 300, TCCM 450
Old 21-06-2023
No Winching

Liked 1,358 Times in 781 Posts

Simmo....just try the TCM first....the TCCM has different characteristics when failing...it will lock in limp mode when moving off...car will shudder when moving off...car will lock in low gear....different characteristics...its more an initial movement issue than once the vehicle is 'up to speed''.....it wont get up to speed...limp mode....engine light, traction control light, Service 4WD System evic message and light...throws a few codes...cant remember what they are off hand but there are a few detailed threads on it....GOOD LUCK

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 21-06-2023
No Winching

Liked 1,358 Times in 781 Posts

Drover....I had a dig back through the forum index but couldnt find the thread I started on the 'dreaded 3x lights'....from memory the thread is titled...Service 4WD Light ????....even if I found it I dont have the skills to link it to this thread....there were 2 or 3 'similiar' threads but the 'symptoms' werent as detailed....some codes but not all....have the codes 'written down somewhere'...but...we know how that goes....its only to assist Simmo rule out a TCCM issue and save him $450....no need to through cash n modules at em...one at a time...see if it fixes the problem first....cant see it being the TCCM.....symptoms Simmo is experiencing are NOT the symptoms of a shyte TCCM

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Post New Thread  Reply