Diff probs! - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rotor could be wraped but i figured i would feel it when braking... Now i think of it i do have a slight shutter at extreamly slow speeds. I have an auto so it's when you take your foot of the brake and it rolls forward from the pull of the auto trans. Could be the pad rubbing on the rotor, i just thought it was the diff. It's offten the simplist problem!

what's the master overhaul kit worth?
Old 09-04-2009
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

noice.

Do you mind me asking what approx the DTT for the front set you back?

I've noticed the last few times on mine that going up rutted/rocky tracks i'm lifting one front wheel - then it's all over. (it is making me a more careful driver tho!)

I did consider the arb for the front - but then read about the probs the guys are having here - not sure if it's because they are working the KJ hard tho and not because of the alloy diff housing...

I like the idea of the DTT in the front more...
I drove a mates DTT equiped 4by and the 'drag the brakes' trick works very well to trick the diffs into transferring the torque.
Old 09-04-2009
No Winching

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Ok, heres knid what I bought in Aussie Dollars

D30a Trutrac (DTT) $615.00

D30a 4.10 R&P gear kit $379

D30a Overhaul kit $188

4.10 R&P for rear Corporate 8.25 $457.00

O/H kit Rear $176.00

Plus frieght of course, then Fitting costs..

Now add the extra for the Rear DTT..

I have actually looked into the DT (Detriot Locker) for the rear, but they don't have one, so I'm going with the LSD..

OH and Yes Eric, LSD in the rear because I like the fact that it is there working all the time, so in sand or dirt/mud it shifts the power, and can go for hours. Wth a Locker.....its ON or OFF, open when not in use, and you only turn it on when you have to, and you can't drive long distances with it on. Its FOR DRIVING IN MORE EXTREME SITUATIONS. so On when you need it, also open, so if then you are doing a tight bit of maneuvring you arn't binding the front diff. Thats the only little downfall i see in the DTT in the front, so I will watch out for that.

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 09-04-2009
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks.

time to see the bank manager with the explanation on why i NEED to 'repair' the front diff.

Old 09-04-2009
No Winching

Quote:
Originally Posted by loric View Post
thanks.

time to see the bank manager with the explanation on why i NEED to 'repair' the front diff.

Hahaha,m remember theres also about 600.00 odd as well in freight charges, and then I was hit with a further 500 in import GST and customs charges. to think about, to get all that stuff over.. IF you did do it, order everything sep and ship it sep... That way price stays under 1000 for each parel, and you can possibly aviod import GST and customs charges..

Then of course you have to get it all installed.............

Old 13-04-2009
No Winching

Just ordered a DTT for the rear thru Wooders... Hope it here for me when I gets back from Vietnam....

Post New Thread  Reply