driving with your doors off = cops - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic_nac17 View Post
well dizzy .....
im trying to fined in the owners manual about the no protection part then i will be looking at brackets an also i think thats with all the roof off an door you do get 360 degrees of view you do have your rear view mirror too if you think about it you can see all around you i still will be getting those brackets too if i can fined that no protection thing i might just take it to court
Nic, maaaate, you're NOT reading between the lines well tonight are you

The photos I speak of will be YOUR Jeep resplendent with mirror relocation brackets firmly attached sporting standard mirrors coming off your pillars when you go to Court so His/Her Honour can see that your vehicle does in fact comply wid da rules.

Forget all this BS about your opinion of having 360 degree views, the law states you have to have 3 mirrors so 3 mirrors you shall have, or face the consequences.

wtf would you want to pay $1.4k for ugly plastic doors when all you gotta do is spend a few bucks on mirror brackets & be 100% legal without any damn doors?
Old 16-08-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dizzy i never said i wanted to but those doors an yes i should get those brackets put them on then bring it to court i only wanted the pic's of those doors to show his/her honour the safety side of things
Old 17-08-2009
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well basically i gave them the speel about the doors are for protection of the elements and that they have no intrusion bars therefor are not a structual part of the car. they looked a bit dumfounded actually but i have done a lot of research and aslong as you have the mirror brackets and the correct points of vision it should not be a worry. it will ofcourse draw attention to your car and have them check over for other defects. but hey its part of the game we play and its the risk we take
Old 17-08-2009
Pollie Waffle

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyDi View Post
Sigh, did u have your mirrors relocated or not OP ... if you did, stop hissing & spitting & stand up for yours & every other Jeeper's rights in court (armed with photos of your relocated mirrors, receipt for brackets, letter from Chrysler Aust about no intrusion bars & stating doors are designed to be removed on/off road etc). Hint, they'd give you such a letter real quick if they thought they were going to be exposed on TV for their cars leaving drivers open to be fined and/or losing sales because part of the appeal is lost if buyers can't take the doors off.

If you did not have mirrors relocated, then cop it sweet & don't dare call Cops the stupid ones - no side mirrors means you could kill/maim someone - then who'd feel worse than freekin' stupid hmm
I actually agree with Di....

(don't worry i'm as shocked as anyone else)

If you had relocation brackets on for your mirrors, your sweet.

If you had your front window down, your rooted cos you need it up by law (that portion is specifically designed for offroad use only).

Otherwise cop it sweet mate.

And buy yourself a set of these....

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm
Old 17-08-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic_nac17 View Post
dizzy i never said i wanted to but those doors an yes i should get those brackets put them on then bring it to court i only wanted the pic's of those doors to show his/her honour the safety side of things
Nic I presume you know that if you had the balls to go to Court on this you could not have lost, PROVIDED you were armed with the necessary photographic & written evidence AND put your evidence forward in a clear, concise, calm, well spoken non-accusatory manner - and the best bit, the Cops would have had to pay for your time in Court & costs Unfortunately the opportunity to do that has now been blown by dislosure.

Unfortunately the Jeep community will have to wait until the next victim WITH MIRRORS gets pinged & take action to resolve this stupidity once & for call. Convoy to Redcliffe or Ipswich way anyone?
Old 17-08-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

really difficult to believe the atention this bloke is getting. in this country vehicles require doors with side intrusion bars to make them legal. in spite of that, this bloke drives about with no doors (no side protection), no side mirrors (rear vision impaired for lane changing etc) and windscreen down (rear vision mirror is attached to windscreen leaving him with no rear vision at all) and the wind blowing in his face. even if he wears sunglasses he is still liable to get dust in his eyes and wind in his eyes impairing his vision totally. a bloody menace on the road and a danger to all road users. if he hasn't got the brains to put his vehicle in proper safe condition when driving on city and suburban roads he should be banned from driving for the safety of the general public.
Old 17-08-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There is no legal requirement for a car to be fitted with a windscreen at all, the only requirement is for rear vision mirror.

So for instance, this is completely legal -
Post New Thread  Closed Thread