KJ lifts and what to expect - Page 52 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-03-2016
LOST

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Kings also make ome springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Just found a previous discussion regarding the TJM XGS 40mm lift kit.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=89481

According to what I read, the review was positive.
Old 18-03-2016
LOST

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Mate you get what you can afford. My lift is a hybrid OME Spring and spacer lift and rancho shocks imported direct from the us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 86 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ75 View Post

According to what I read, the review was positive.
Now you have some actual real world info. my concern and hence comment was in general to sales people and the suspension products they peddle... Its as mentioned why I went with Murchison Products, the rest I simply was never happy with the end result, let alone the customer being happy...

Regards
Daz
Old 28-03-2016
Established Member

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenR View Post
As glend has mentioned, the sales people generally dont have a clue, its the big single reason why I went with being a distributor for the CDRSTU suspension. What they say actually gels into the real world. I basically couldnt afford to keep using some of the other brands, wrong springs, missing parts, end result not as expected.

I now actually enjoy fitting suspension gear!!

Regards
Daz
Darren,
I have the 2.75" lift kit from Stu in mine and was happy with it. Now since I have the ARB bull bar fitted I noticed a significant drop and suspect a further drop when I fit the winch. What is the best way to go about bringing it back up to what it was in the beginning in your opinion?
Old 28-03-2016
AJOR Silver

Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

If i might comment - Clevis lift should do it. ARB sell a pack of small spacers called Prado Packers, they cqn be made to fit the bottom of the front shock and it raises the shock in the clevis fork slightly. You can stack them if you need to. To get them to fit file out the inside of the ring with a Dremel tool sanding wheel or file it - doesn't need much inside diametre enlargement to fit nicely. I put them in when I installed my TJM bar years ago, no problems.
BTW most people that install winches on KJs regret it later. They are heavy forever, affect handling and degrade suspension performance, and can reduce resale value.
As far as the need for a winch is concerned, if you travel with another vehicle that can snatch you out of trouble then they are not needed. Unless you were thinking of doing the OTL or Frenchman's track at Cape York - on your own, you won't need it. I've done many outback trips including the OTL and a well setup KJ can get through most anything. I had to drag my son's JK out of long mud bogs following getting stranded by rain in the Channel Country. A lift, good tyres, and a experienced driver can get a KJ a long way in difficult conditions. If your looking at doing B+ grade hill climbs your in the wrong vehicle.

Last edited by glend; 29-03-2016 at 06:28 AM.
Old 28-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

In the US they use 2" conduit nuts to perform the clevis lift. Might be able to find some in Bunnings or Masters.

I'll be doing this when fitting the new TJM 40mm lift.
I read the clevis lift achieves a 2 to 1 lift. This means 1cm spacers should create a 2 cm lift.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...1UUiOqn-vYbP-g

Last edited by KJ75; 28-03-2016 at 11:51 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply