What did you do to your KJ today? - Page 53 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-06-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

Look clean
Old 18-06-2016
Senior Newbie

Today I installed the Sasquatch In Tank Fuel Harness and the Carter In Tank pump. https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/vehi...d-fuel-system/

Well the first thing I must say is that this is another quality product from Sasquatch. I have installed their Weeks stage 1 and 2 kit to get rid of the EGR system which is was also a great product.

The next thing which makes me very happy, is that it is 100% compatible with New Zealand and I would assume Australian models as well. Plug and Play baby!

The biggest benefit with this kit is TIME! Start to finish in 3 hours. The wiring harness part was a max 30 min. The second benefit is no longer having to pump the fuel head. Before installing the pump, I checked the head and I could press the whole thing in (I only did one pump so I could make sure it was still going to be soft, after install, its solid as a rock.

If you are constantly bleeding your system (like me) and before you consider buying an updated fuel head like me (and as long as you don't have leaks), DONT DO IT. Do this mod instead. You wont regret it and your car will thank you!

Some tips:
1 - Read all the previous install guides as there are some great tips. I wish I read the post before with taking the ABS sensor out. I broke my clips on both sides. Before you challenge these, have a look at the new harness to get an idea how they work (ie red tab pulls out away from you). Also get an idea before you remove the existing harness of the lay out. Dont plug any new plugs in until you are happy with where the new harness will sit. Loosley cable tie it all up making sure its not in any moving parts way. Once happy, plug away.
2 - I removed my wheels which may of made life easier for space. No need to but i welcomed the room
3 - Like the previous post, dont worry about taking the side bolts off the bracket near the door, Take the font pin and bolt out and lift the chair out of your way. Seatbellt tip to support it worked a treat.
4 - The clip on which hold the plastic fuel hoses is not to hard to get off once you know how. A small screw driver is key. Insert it above the gap and pull it towards you whilst pulling down.
5 - Those little buttons on the fuel hoses are a pain. Finally I got the same small screwdriver and both popped off first go.
6 - If you have the towing package installed and you can not get to the fuel tank strap bolts closest to the bumper, don't stress, there is enough bend and play to remove your tank out with just the two bolts at the back (closest to diff). Like everyone says, a tank with little fuel on it is super easy to get down with one person.
7 - Like the previous post i didn't have to cut the tab either on the carter unit. I did however have to play around with my float to get it closer to stock resistance (measured by multimetre). Stock was 190 and new one was 189. Happy days.
8- Have a spare pair of hands when installing the tank back. I held it in place whilst the misses bolted it back in. Jack stand at that point was getting in the way.
9- For my install, I put the plastic hoses on the tank before lifting it back up. Worked a treat and did not get pinched. If you do get a set of hand to help, just position your self where you can see those hoses and make sure they dont pinch.
10 - I let mine prime twice before starting for the first time.

All in all it was an easy mod to install and the wire harness was just spot on! Jeep shouldn't have been greedy and just installed this from day one.

Thanks again for Sasquatch for an awesome kit!

Now to fix thermostat and Injector

If anyone decides to do this and needs help, please don't hesitate to PM me
Old 26-06-2016
Senior Newbie

New OE Thermostat installed today. Easy job took about an hour or so. Waiting for silicon to fully dry before starting her up.

Injector 4 replacement next on the cards but might install after winter as it was freezing in the garage today.

Happy Jeepin
Old 03-08-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default Now with cargo barrier....

So I finished putting in my DIY cargo barrier on the weekend:

Barrier is from a Ford Mondeo. Thankfully I had some extra mounting brackets and bars from the barrier that is in our other car (was designed for multiple models so had extra mounting points that weren't used.

The only thing I'm not 100% happy with is the lower mounts but they do the job for now (although they need some black paint to fit in with the rest of the barrier.

I ended up biting the bullet and mounting the top bars in the bulkhead above the back door. I used a DIY tool to set some M10 rivnuts in there. Was pretty tricky but I ended up getting them in and they are a nice, solid mounting point.

Pics:

Old 03-08-2016
Senior Newbie

Looks good ☺
Old 08-08-2016
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

Had a Safari Snorkel installed. Im really happy with it. I get much better fuel economy now and ill feel more confident crossing water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160731_152935a.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	74576  

Old 09-08-2016
Established Member

Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

Petrol or CRD?
Post New Thread  Reply