My XJ Cherokee's...... - Page 53 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2022
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Like any XJ Mini Me is waiting on parts
I have to get the body mounted and the interior fitted then we will need little people ...
I have to drill holes for the roof rack and fill two depressions in the hood it has vents you put in there But real XJ's don't have em so they will be filled and sanded before undercoat I ordered my led headlights from the USA (I was pissed) Oh well I did want them
Now on to real XJ stuff I havnt done the battery straps yet it's too hot outside and I have playing with little XJ's we went bush the other day and I haven't driven the 96 much since the new timing chain But it is such a sweet engine now it seems more crisp it's hard to explain, just seems like a new engine
The best thing I ever did for the 96
I took the 99 down the shop today and how great does it run
All happy here in XJ Land
Old 12-03-2022
AJOR Bronze

Well what have I got myself into .... The real Jeeps are fine (phew after all these years) it's the RC Cherokee that does my head in .... The lengths of detail some people will go to Everyone needs a 3d printer
I thought I could build a Green Mini Me But OH NO you have to have the detail the accessories to make sure your action figures are comfortable there is deck chairs even working awnings ? Obsessed ?
And then you have to film your adventures ...
Far Out! Anyway my undercoat will be here next week so will my metal badges from the USA and the led headlights from Canada wont be far away.......................
I did not like the XJ body had vents on each side of the hood? Real ones dont have them so I flipped them and glued them with ABA glue and then sanded the shit out of them and they are pretty much gone.
The roof rack I got for $15 on ebay looked crap it was too skinny so I broke off the spot light bracket and turned it sideways so it's like the rack on the 96 I drilled the holes to fit it and are just waiting for undercoat .
I had to cut the shit out of the crappy interior to get it to ft But that is a long way down the track ....
Painted and running first ......................
But look at these pics

NOW FOR THE OBSESSED!

And yes Non Real XJ's break down

Words leave me

More madness here https://www.facebook.com/groups/649222848539053
Old 03-04-2022
AJOR Bronze

Well I had to go to Brisbane for a couple of weeks [family stuff]
I arrived home to goodies in the mail. there was headlights from Canada and badges from the USA, little jerry cans a jack and tools for the roof rack from China . Today was Undercoat Day it was raining so I couldn't go outside so I turned the bedroom into my spray booth.
I used a lazy Susann for my turn table and the aircon to dry the paint it will be Green one day I got on to a dude who 3d prints those detailed interiors and he has printed me a RHD interior [$180 posted] so one day when it is finished Now the button on the drivers door on the Red jeep shit itself at the airport two weeks ago when I was leaving so now I have to stop playing with toy jeeps and pull the door apart to fix a real jeep.

Last edited by LuluBelle; 03-04-2022 at 06:02 PM. Reason: another pic
Old 03-04-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Great work tracking down a solution for RHD interior !
Old 05-04-2022
AJOR Bronze

The 99 sat in the driveway .. because it's Chooseday The 96 went for a run to Barcaldine first highway blast since the new timing chain and harmonic balancer.
100k on cruise at 1600rpm not bad for a 400.000 k engine Fuck fuel economy when you can have the wind in your hair (because the aircon don't work) the dog console surfing and the missus complaining all this on cruise control ..... way to go!
Old 10-04-2022
AJOR Bronze

Been a productive YouTube day today I know how to fix the door button on the 99's drivers door and I bet the 96 rear drivers door is suffering the same predicament It's a adjustment so i will sort them out over Easter weekend .............
That's the real ones sorted out ............. You know when you are Obsessed with XJ's, when the parts for the RC XJ nearly cost as much as keeping real XJ's on the road ..
I have so much stuff coming in the post gotta love eBay and China (sort of)
YouTube put me on to a lighting control unit $25 This will give me on a 3 channel radio headlights/tail lights on and off brake lights and interactors
All I need now is a Transmitter a receiver and a Battery and Mini Me will move under it's own power Exciting Shit
The Forest Green paint is in the post ... But sadly this Version on Mini Me will never have the super dooper interior
the transfer case sits too high so this one is not even running yet and it's time for another build this is the chassis I need for the Dream interior (in the post) 313mm Wheelbase Prefixal Gearbox Metal Chassis Frame for 1/10 RC SCX10 & SCX10 II
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/13344723...53.m1438.l2649
everything will be all metal diffs rims and it will have leaf springs on the rear a real Mini Me ...
obsessed I even pointed out on the RC group to the dude that made the great interior and engine bay that all the body kits are preuPdates and have 8 slot frills and quarter windows his wonderful interior has no cupholders and is a PreUpdate But his beautiful engine has Coil Packs only on late 99/00 and 01 XJ's shame to go to all that trouble to make a big mistake
But It Looks Unreal

Who's obsessed
Old 10-04-2022
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

That engine bay on the model XJ is throwing me off. I'll have to go out and look in my real engine bay to re-orientate myself. Pretty sure we have the brake booster on the right side of the car.
Looks like your also running the newer HOAT coolant in the overflow bottle there haha.

Well done. Looks like a great hobby to get into. Ive seen Youtube videos and people think they are real..

Cheers,