XJ: Jeep Ute with LS1 V8 build - Page 57 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-08-2016
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 821 Times in 362 Posts

so painting went well there is no orange peel in the paint, but thanks the the giant gust of wind ill be sanding and repainting the bonnet, tail gate a guard and the grille
on the bright side one guard turned out great minus a little run and a stupid little black bug

thought I would be safe in the shed
Old 21-08-2016
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmonster View Post
so painting went well there is no orange peel in the paint, but thanks the the giant gust of wind ill be sanding and repainting the bonnet, tail gate a guard and the grille
on the bright side one guard turned out great minus a little run and a stupid little black bug

thought I would be safe in the shed
Your doing well just to paint it yourself. Last quote i had to repaint my XJ (and none of them want to do resprays anymore..just insurance work) was $6000. Thats when i did it myself. Bugs are a pain!! and i did mine under a carport.

Cheers,
Old 21-08-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 169 Times in 134 Posts

Nice work. Painting is good fun but a bitch to prep. I saw a xj ute unpainted for sale on fb i thought it was thus one. Are you painting in 2k?

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 21-08-2016
RubiconSlammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rang0 View Post
Nice work. Painting is good fun but a bitch to prep. I saw a xj ute unpainted for sale on fb i thought it was thus one. Are you painting in 2k?

probably was mine, was it 15K or nearest offer?

yeah painting it in 2k,
Old 21-08-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 169 Times in 134 Posts

Yeah that was it. Whats going on there are you keeping or finishing and moving on? It looks sick! The fun part is building it though specially when you do as much as what you have done. It would be a shame not to see it finished.

Old 21-08-2016
RubiconSlammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrown64 View Post
Your doing well just to paint it yourself. Last quote i had to repaint my XJ (and none of them want to do resprays anymore..just insurance work) was $6000. Thats when i did it myself. Bugs are a pain!! and i did mine under a carport.

Cheers,
yeah first time painting im pretty happy with the result, good old 40yr old compressor flow 250L min and a good HVLP spray gun.
I was getting it professionally painted for 2k but he closed up shop a week after we spoke, so I thought stuff it how hard could it be hahaha
Old 21-08-2016
RubiconSlammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rang0 View Post
Yeah that was it. Whats going on there are you keeping or finishing and moving on? It looks sick! The fun part is building it though specially when you do as much as what you have done. It would be a shame not to see it finished.

im going to finish it, put all the gear off my other one on the ute then sell try and sell it and my other one.
or keep the ute and sell the green one in a semi stock form, but ive found a car I really want, its what ive always been wanting so im looking at getting out of the 4wds