Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? - Page 58 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2014
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 846 Times in 474 Posts

Looks like somebody on US Jeep forum may have a found law firm who will take on a class action.Interesting
Old 14-05-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
I sent a registered letter of demand 5 days ago to FC HO customer relations.Stating I wanted the vehicles low 4 x4 fixed within 14 days.They passed on the letter to two Jeep dealers who have done the 4 reflashes.!!!Had another call this morning from a guy at FC HO who stated that he wanted me to take the vehicle back to Coffs Jeep for an actuator and another reflash.!! 300 k round trip. Last week I was told a directive from FC stated no more actuators to be fitted as that wasnt the problem.Go figure.The only fix in my view is a new FDCM.I have seen no evidence that FC are working on a real fix.Unless all the GC owners on this forum start putting the pressure on FC nothing will be done.If I get no satisfaction in 14 days I will instigate further action.May be a class action would get them moving !!! ANYBODY INTERESTED.
Hi BJM,

YES!!! I'm in the same boat and have had mine in for reflash 5 times. I am very interested in getting involved if this happens. Mine has been U/S since last November. Booked in for the 6th "fix" this Friday. PM me with your email address? I have copies of all my receipts/ emails etc with FC dating back to the start of this debacle and am very keen to assist!!!
Old 14-05-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Hi Stulee,
Last Friday week I submitted around 20 pages of N23 no low 4x4 info to NSW Office of Fair Trading they are in receipt of it.They will attempt to mediate with FC re this problem.Simply put I will only accept a new FDCM,no actuators no more flashes ,no more bullshit.Enough maybe fixes,etc.If the mediation does not work I will take action further legally.If you know any other owners with the same problem get them to put info in writing by calender of events ie reflashes etc est cost of continuing reflashes any other expenses.scan tools etc.
So all you GC owners who are still without low 4x4 get off your butts and write .!!! If you do write the saga of N23 let me know by email lizbaz10@gmail.com I will email back the address to send info.Info must be typed, addressed and signed with Vin no of vehicle.
Lets get the ball moving.

Last edited by bjm; 14-05-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 14-05-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 130 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Simply put I will only accept a new FDCM
I assume you're claiming based-on the lack of reliable low-range though? As-in, you'll only accept a new FDCM which restore reliable low-range functionality?

Technically a "new FDCM" would likely have the same problem.
Unless it's true that a "fixed" firmware has been rolled out somewhere.

I haven't kept up-to-date with what's happening in the US, but just from an engineering and regulatory perspective I suspect FC might've got themselves in a legal/regulatory bind with how they've gone about things.

Even with their best efforts - which we're clearly not getting, but hypothetically - they may have a difficult time getting updated firmware out as a new safety recall which really fixes the problem.

Good work on getting things rolling with Fair Trading though! Someone's gotta do the hard-yards
Old 14-05-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Hi Stulee,
Last Friday week I submitted around 20 pages of N23 no low 4x4 info to NSW Office of Fair Trading they are in receipt of it.They will attempt to mediate with FC re this problem.Simply put I will only accept a new FDCM,no actuators no more flashes ,no more bullshit.Enough maybe fixes,etc.If the mediation does not work I will take action further legally.If you know any other owners with the same problem get them to put info in writing by calender of events ie reflashes etc est cost of continuing reflashes any other expenses.scan tools etc.
So all you GC owners who are still without low 4x4 get off your butts and write .!!! If you do write the saga of N23 let me know by email lizbaz10@hotmail.com I will email back the address to send info.Info must be typed, addressed and signed with Vin no of vehicle.
Lets get the ball moving.
Hi BJM

The email address you supplied didn't work. I sent you an email and it bounced!
Old 14-05-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Sorry guys email address lizbaz10@gmail,com
Old 14-05-2014
Lowranger Shocker

All new off the shelf FDCMs(If any available in US!!!) would not be corrupted by the N23 recall reflash.Just the same as pre n23 secondhand units.I have not seen one case on the Jeep forum where a secondhand or new unit hasnt worked in the vehicle. I mean ,how many damn reflashes do I have to have????How many times do I get under the vehicle to get low operating.Isnt that a safety issue in it self.?Why should I cop a huge devaluation in my vehicles value if I trade or sell privately.(Mine is a last build WH diesel)This is nine months this debacle has been going on.FC are still trying reflashes and actuators as a maybe fix.If FC had any brains they would at least tell owners they are working on the problem.Their silence is deafening!!!
I hope anybody on this forum contemplating buying a new WK looks at the inaction in fixing the WH N23 problem!!
Post New Thread  Reply