Service - Fly Away Dollars - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-09-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by task82 View Post
Be very careful with that mate, they are a 6 month service and I am certain you will find that in your manual/servicing book. They did the same thing from my last service. I would think if there was a major warranty claim and you did not have your vehicle serviced every 6 months, as per the disclaiming in your book, then they may have grounds to deny your claim. Mind you, I’m a prepare for the worse kind of guy
That is exactly what I was thinking Task.

EDIT: Ok, The dealer has quoted me $360 for the first 12000K service but the lease company will get it cheaper and Ultratune won't touch it because Jeep have not released the details of oils and parts used as of this date

Last edited by AroGantz; 25-09-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 25-09-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

There was no negotiation possible re the service price. It was this is the price or please come and pick the car up.

But it is now problem solved.

I traded the Wrangler in over the phone this afternoon for a new Jap fourby with change over being effected tomorrow.

Thanks for all the comments guys.
Old 25-09-2013
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

I hope you asked about service prices first.
Old 25-09-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSE3.9 View Post
There was no negotiation possible re the service price. It was this is the price or please come and pick the car up.

I traded the Wrangler in over the phone this afternoon for a new Jap fourby with change over being effected tomorrow.

Seems a bit drastic to get rid of the Jeep and go too the Dark Side.
All the best I hope you don't regret your decision.
Old 25-09-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Lol greenjk - yes - I did. Locked in and squared away.

I really learnt my lesson there. Don't trust the sales guy or anyone else for that matter and get everything written into the sales contract.

garymca77. I am already regretting the decision but it had to be.

The Wrangler was fantastic and totally reliable but I wasn't going to keep a car which only does 10,000 km a year and incurred a $3G a year service cost. The longer I kept and used it the less it was worth so the earlier it went the better.
Old 25-09-2013
Established Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymca77 View Post
Seems a bit drastic to get rid of the Jeep and go too the Dark Side.
All the best I hope you don't regret your decision.
Indeed. Plus the dealership really doesn't care much about you one way or another. If they did, they would show it with good customer service. Obviously it is a business model which works well enough.

You can run a jeep for a reasonable cost. I love mine (mostly). Three years ago I knew very little about cars; last one I serviced was about 1985... I had my dealership issues, and now I stay away and either do my own work, buy parts judiciously from within Australia, direct from USA, and sometimes even china, research and learn.

When I can't do my own work, I try to use local mechanics where you actually get to discuss the work with the mechanic, and not the frigging service manager who has very different point of view to yourself with regards to the work being done on your vehicle. It's a complicated relationship between customer, dealerhip and manufacturer (and leasing just makes that relationship harder...) Harsh, sorry all those excellent dealerships who are obviously a the silent and invisible majority?

After three and a bit years of ownership, and with the help of this forums site, I understand my jeep in a way which extends beyond just driving it. Because I know it works - well a little bit - I am less likely to damage it.

It has character. Maybe the old Japanese vehicles do too, but the only new 4WD Japanese vehicle I lust after are Landcruiser 70 series, which are a biy pricey. I hate the new utes which drive like cars, and for the dual cabs at least, have suprisingly little usable space by the time you put a fridge in the back.

So keep your jeep
Old 25-09-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 75 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSE3.9 View Post

I smell a "pre-meditated rat" with this whole thread.

Selling a car because it will cost too much to service??? WTF

as others have mentioned - shop around!!! and who on here believes that they HAVE to take their car to a dealer's service department that are all run as separate cost centres and are there to MAKE money not be your mate. For gods sake - lets move on!