Commander 3.0 crd limp mode no acceleration problems - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2016
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeffery View Post
The other problem we have is that Merc guys can't access all the Jeep stuff entirely. The catch 22 is that Jeep didn't run this motor long enough to know what to do to fix it using their WiTech Scantools. On top of all that, I can't even swap an ECM from a donor because of Vin security ( unless I rip the dash apart and change every module/key associated with it!). Apparently you can do this with some petrol models as long as the PCM has the same part number (so I'm told by Jeep but what would they know)
That's a load of BS from your dealer, VIN can be changed on any module once installed. Petrol, Diesel it makes no difference.
I have different modules in mine & haven't bothered changing the VIN.
I have a SRT8 transmission module in mine right now & it works fine in high range (not so good in low), it says on a scan "not compatible" but it works.

By the way there is only 2 modules in the dash, the key module & transmission module. Both only take 15 min to change without disassembling the dash.
Old 05-10-2016
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

Its not the ECM that wicks oil up to it its the TCM located under the dash tucked up behind the heater assembly. A bit of fiddling & it pops out & unplugs.

Maybe the wreaker has the TCM as well.
Old 05-10-2016
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

in case you don't already have them
parts manual
http://www.gmb.be/CJD_parts/CDI/Catalogs/97-09/07XH.pdf

service manual links (Grand not Commander but all the info is the same)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d4z11p6jd...nwHPZpQpa?dl=0
Old 09-10-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

OK, went to pick up car from Jeep yesterday with chest all puffed up ready for a fight along with wifey. This all changed quickly because the manager there has left us with some hope now as he has established that the problem is outside the scope of Jeep Training/Diagnostic capabilties. He explained that his head tech suggested it looks like the transmission (99% sure).

This means that under consumer law, Jeep's head office (FCA) must get involved as they must be able to fix their own product.

So... we have contacted FCA explaining the situation and are now waiting to hear back if they can help us with either diagnosing or replacement of the transmission.

It is humbling to learn that all of my efforts would have been the same path that would have been taken by experts only to end up at same point. Reckon I have saved about $20k to date!

Will let you know outcome soon...
Post New Thread  Reply