WJ: Hammertone's Build Thread - '05 4.7HO Overland - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 30 Times in 22 Posts

My driveway is very steep. Whenever I put the tyre on or off the roof its always a struggle to stop it from launching down the hill!

Building the bar will be a slow process but I'm enjoying it when I get the time. Hopefully after the weekend ill have most of the design sorted out and can post some visuals
Old 01-05-2016
Established Member

Quick update:
Fender flares are on the way from Murchisons. I'm hoping to get stuck into it next Monday, but I've got a feeling it'll take longer than a day to do.

To go with this will be a set of 265/75/16 mud terrains. Top of my list at the moment are Procomps or General Grabbers. Opinions welcome.

And I've been searching long and hard for the wheels as I really want a set of Soft 8s but it was looking like I wouldn't find any in my size. Finally located some Procomp Series 98s in stock in Melbs. 16x7 4" BS (0ET) is what i'm after. I'm hoping I've made the right choice on rim width. It's the minimum for that size tyre but i'm not too knowledgeable on the downsides of going with the 7" rather than the 8". As for the offset, the 0ET was strongly recommended by Murch, but by my calculations it'll sit the tyres 4mm outside the flares. I think if there was a neg 7 option i'd take it, but there's not, so zero it is!
Old 02-05-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 42 Times in 26 Posts

Nice Jeep

I recently bought a wj and doing a very similar build. Was the shipping from USA reasonable? I can get the shocks for a good price from summit racing + 85 shipping but would still need the track bar and sway bar links so may be best getting it all from one place.
Old 14-06-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi mate,
This has been a really interesting and informative build!
You got any updates on the rear bar or bushwackers at all?
I will be looking into building a flatland one in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Old 23-06-2016
Established Member

Hey guys, sorry I've missed a few posts. I have a progress report to make and its all good news.

About a month ago I installed the flares and got my new wheels and tyres. The bushwacker install went really well. It took me a couple of days, but I put the effort into getting nice joins and it paid off. The kit was very nice to work with and the whole thing came up a treat.

As for wheels, I had my heart set on a soft 8 style but needed a 0 offset. Id almost given up as I couldn't find them anywhere. Luckily someone from the jeep club pointed me to jeep konnection here in Melbourne and they had the exact ones I was looking for. I got them in a 16" which looks much better than the stock 17s.

I went with procomp muddies which I got for a great price and I'm happy with them so far.

So the whole package looks brilliant. I absolutely love it. I went driving in the Grampians with the club a couple of weeks ago and had the strange sensation of finding every track too easy! I got stopped by a number of people over the weekend to talk about my car. That was very cool as ive never had a car worth talking about before 😎

Got a few things to finish off. Need to get the rock rails to work with the flares, should look at reinstalling the splash guards. I lost my fog lights though as the tyres were clipping them

Pics to come
Old 24-06-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 42 Times in 26 Posts

Sounds like it is coming along nicely. Looking forward to seeing pics

Sent from my C6903 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 04-07-2016
Established Member

sorry for the delay of the pics, the technology is driving me nuts. cant seem to post pics from tapatalk for some reason
Post New Thread  Reply