diesel clutch kit AT LAST available aftermarket. - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-07-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I received this quote on the 22nd.... Clearly states clutch kit for TD Jeep Wrangler...... Including flywheel/press plate etc.....
Old 27-07-2011
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Timing sounds about right too, given the embargo on sales til around late this year.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 27-07-2011
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks ryan. i noticed the part number had a prefix of KJ. wonder if this is the kit from the kj engine, which was a different version of the 2.8 to the 2.8l in the jk. when we contacted sachs earlier about the flywheel they said the flywheel/clutch kit was specifically designed for the jk diesel. after the let down i've just had, and been left with egg on my face and feeling suitably embarrassed, i'm wondering if this is in fact the jk clutch kit or another earlier version from the kj wrangler. it's still not clear, till we can get a definite answer. i guess the way to go would be to contact the clutch crowd and ask if it fits specifically the jk wrangler diesal, or if it fits other models. if it is supposed to fit other models, there may still some doubt unless anyone here can confirm the kj flywheel fits the jk.
Old 27-07-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
PART NO: KJE27503
DESCRIPTION: JEEP WRANGLER 2.8L TD
QTY: 1.00
UNIT: 1838.20
TOTAL: 2022.00

**Clutch Kit including Dual-Mass Flywheel**

SALES: $1,838.18
FREIGHT: $0.00
GST: $183.82
TOTAL: $2,022.00

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for that. I have attached a Quote as above to suit your Jeep Wrangler. I have quoted you on a Clutch Kit including the Dual-Mass Flywheel. The Clutch Kit consists of a Pressure Plate, Clutch Plate & Thrust Bearing. This Kit however is not currently in stock, I have Kit’s on order but they will not be available in stock until late September, early October.
If you do have any further enquiries on this then please let me know.
Kind Regards
Chris Meadows
Australian Clutch Services
1 Hakkinen Road
Wingfield, SA 5013
PH: 08 83005000
FAX: 08 83005050
chris@australianclutch.com.au
ahhhhh ssoooooo. just looked at the website for this mob and it has phone number 1800 clutch ( same as mob i rang) and has a number of subsidiary businesses it owns, including xtreme clutches which was the mob i deal with.. i'm still not sure about this kit. it could be the same one i was sent . it obviously came from the same company, and i suspect the KJ prefix could ,mean it fits the kj cherokee. still needs to be clarified. when mine was ordered,, their listing said it fitted the diesel wrangler too.
Old 27-07-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

any chance of you following this up for us ryan, i'm tired of talking to clutch people, and as yours was an initial enquiry you may get more current info than the same bloke (me) ringing and annoying them again. and they'll get awfully sick of the same bloke hounding them. if theyare going to stock them it would be nice to have some goodwill between them and ajor.

Last edited by davidd; 27-07-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 27-07-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just sent this chris bloke an email . i guess we'll hear back in due course. would be nice to get this right so no-one else has to have his vehicle sitting on a hoist for a week clogging up some poor bloke's workshop waiting for the right parts to be ordered. the owner gets pissed off and the bloke at the workshop has the job of firstly explaining a stuff-up to a customer,which wasn't his fault and has his worshop clogged up on top of it.
Old 27-07-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just sent him a follow up email. It should be right as he specifically asked what year my wrangler was and whether it was petrol or 2.8 CRD.

I guess we will see.
Post New Thread  Reply