WK2 Aftermarket products - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-05-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi. I am new to the Jeep community and therefore new to this forum. I will be picking up my JGC Laredo 3L CRD from the dealer in a month and can't wait. It's Bright silver with a Mopar tow package, Mopar rock rails, tint, weather shields.

As far as aftermarket accessories I am waiting for: a decent front bar option with recovery points, an under body protection package from Murchison Products (CRDSTU) in the final 1/4 of the year.

My questions are these - Has anyone fitted extractors to the new 3L diesel? If so, where did you find them and how did they cost?

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Old 24-05-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeyWKCRD View Post
Hi. I am new to the Jeep community and therefore new to this forum. I will be picking up my JGC Laredo 3L CRD from the dealer in a month and can't wait. It's Bright silver with a Mopar tow package, Mopar rock rails, tint, weather shields.

As far as aftermarket accessories I am waiting for: a decent front bar option with recovery points, an under body protection package from Murchison Products (CRDSTU) in the final 1/4 of the year.

My questions are these - Has anyone fitted extractors to the new 3L diesel? If so, where did you find them and how did they cost?

Extractors!
Why......

The other items join the queue unfortunately, doubleing nissan patrol sales so far this year is still not enough for the aftermarket manufacturers to take notice and get onto producing some good gear for us yet....... we hold our breath. (or maybee not)
Old 25-05-2012
Established Member

Liked 22 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:

I don't think people typically replace the manifold on diesels, if they do any exhaust work it will typically be from the turbo back, ie. 3" pipe running into a bigger cat and more efficient muffler. However in a modern diesel with lots of computer inputs this is likely to do very little unless you tickle the mapping, boost etc. via a computer upgrade/piggy back (I know these are available).

Good luck in your hunt for grunt!
Old 25-05-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks

Ok. Having never owned a diesel before I am quickly learning what can and can't be done to them. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Old 01-06-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone had fitted a draw system to their new WK2012 yet?

I have seen a couple of entries on some other threads but am looking for something more substantial. Eg - design, manufacturer, cost etc.

I'm thinking of something that can be easily removed in order to access the spare tyre should I need it.

As always, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Clarkey.
Old 01-06-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone had fitted a draw system to their new WK2012 yet?

I have seen a couple of entries on some other threads but am looking for something more substantial. Eg - design, manufacturer, cost etc.

I'm thinking of something that can be easily removed in order to access the spare tyre should I need it.

As always, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Clarkey.
Hi Clarkey, haven't seen anything commercial as yet, but JnK and I have been on a similar wavelength albeit miles apart. If you haven't see his pic's on this forum, just PM him and I'm sure He'll oblige.

My set up is currently 'under construction' and because I need to be able to access the spare, am keeping it very simple.
I've cut a new floor hatch using 19mm structural ply (same shape as the carpet hatch already in the cargo area) and bolting a fridge slide on the drivers side (next to the 12v outlet) for my Waeco, and a similar slide out panel (using ebay drawer slides and a flat piece of 19mm structural ply) on the passenger side onto which I will mount an 85 evacool esky, in which I will store my cooking and camping gear.
With the Waeco on a slide on one side and the Evacool on a slide on the other side, I now have a nice space in the middle for a camp table and 2 camp chairs.
I'll upload some early pics showing the base and the Evacool going in. The Waeco Fridge Slide is destined for the RHS. It will all be painted and carpeted once complete. Also still thinking of best way to tie it to the shell or chasis.
Not sure this helps,
regards
Scott

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.

Last edited by scarps; 01-06-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: add pics
Old 02-06-2012
Established Member

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Was thinking of a system the replaced to removal foot and was hinged up near the rear seats for easy entry to the spare tyres.
Post New Thread  Reply