pre jeep - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-10-2006
Sandgroper

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
damn missus got pregnant and bye bye sports car
LOL damn indeed! Funny how that happens!! The same thing happened to me-TWICE!! Wonder how?

'98 TJ
Old 16-10-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

vh 770 worked 318
cm wagon mild 265
bek kept breakn the door handles on the wagon (and she was scared of the vh. . . . .dont know why. . )
and one day she'd had enough of old cars and wanted a new one.
we search every caryard and paper we could until she spied the bow of a softtop wrangler.
so we got one,
had it 8 weeks now and ive tried t roll it and drown it and smash it into trees. . . .
so far so good. . . . .
Old 16-10-2006
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear old Dad bought a Wagoneer in 1970 and we travelled a lot of Oz in it.
We were always a rabid Jeep household, so my first car was a '74 CJ6 in '83, then a '70 J3000 as a work truck. Both vehicles were off the road and had to go when we moved bush to run a cattle property, so I've been sans Jeep for the last 5 years, although still have a 4x4, just a little more sutable for work around here than the CJ or FSJ and comes from the other side of the Atlantic.

Will be moving soon and then building a new workshop so reckon a CJ or MB project may be on the cards. I love my Defender, but Series I or II Landies just don't do it for me. If I have another 4x4 it will have to be a Jeep.
Old 16-10-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As a teenager, first a Mazda GLC, then a Pontiac Firebird.....Then on to college, only with a Suzuki TC 125 bike. After landing on my head for the 4th time, Mom agreed to co-sign for a car loan. Bland 4 door Plymouth Reliant. 4 doors, 4 cyls, automatic........she reckoned I couldn't get into trouble with that...........

Passed a stuck Jeep in the snow climbing an Arizona mountain (it was a momentum thing).

Couple friends in college had Jeeps and a few other 4X4's..........

Traded the car for a Chevy truck, stuffed 33's in the rear, with 31's up front and proceeded to get stuck ONE to many times...traded for first Jeep.

'87 Wrangler. Wanted a CJ-8, but only went to one dealer, and they didn't have any.

Couple mini-vans for the ex missus, not that the kids needed the extra room, but her ass did.

Traded the '87 for a Porsche 944 (She wouldn't let me carry the baby in the Jeep, she wouldn't fit in the Porsche!)

Soon traded the 944 for a Cherokee (the first of two)
Then a Comanche truck for utility use.
Then a couple full size pickup trucks, 3 Chevy's, one Ford.

A '67 Ford Bronco half cab picked up for next to nothing. Spray paint restoration (looked good from 30 feet!) Ton's of bondo, sold for more than invested.

2000 Wrangler, to speed up the divorce process.........(leave a marriage, with exactly what went in with!)

2004 owned by fiancee, but it was my bad influence that made her buy it, so I claim it as mine.

Drooling over the new Unlimited 4 door, she wants a Compass, but want to look hard at the Grand Cherokee and the Commander for next car.
Old 16-10-2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

93 Sierra
90 Swb Maverick Diesel
1991 Mr2 Turbo Ex Japan
1990 Lada Niva (not Reliable But Amazing Wheel Travel)
2004 Ba Falcon
1978 International Scout
1975 Range Rover 2 Door Ute
2001 Land Rover Discovery
1988 Nissan Pathfinder
Old 16-10-2006
Better half of Dave'n'Wen

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL.. lordy lordy....

Babyshit yellow Datsun 120y
Toyota Celica
VK Calais
Toyota Camry
XF Falcon Ghia (I think)
2000 Nissan Pulsar Q

Now
2005 Mazda 3 Maxsport (with bling), 2000 XJ and some old thing called a CJ.
Old 16-10-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh i get it , . . .all my cars?
76 datsun 180b
86 cressida 2l
76 corolla 1.2
66 xp wagon 4.1
81 corona hatch 2l
78 mitsi hatch 1750cc
79 lite ace 1.5
77 corolla 1.3