TJ: Nick's Build - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2010
TurboTJ

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow

Thanks Man..
Old 08-01-2010
RustysRocker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholash View Post
thos x terrains will last you forever on the road aswell, ive done 40,000klms on mine and i still have the lines in the middle.. brilliant tire but extremely dear.

yeah will do, postage is 7 days so im waiting and hoping like an impatient 4yr old but i have to order urethane engine mounts ect before anything can go in.

head still has to be machined + block and i still need to take my two broken radiators in and see if they can make one good one.
Who is doing the work on the head & block?

Bit off topic but what pressure do you run your x terrains at on road? I have been running about 27psi and it seems to be getting fairly even wear across the tread but interested to know what your running to get such good wear on the road. They are pretty exy tyres but I guess I saved a little buying them second hand of Brendan
Old 08-01-2010
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeds View Post
Who is doing the work on the head & block?

Bit off topic but what pressure do you run your x terrains at on road? I have been running about 27psi and it seems to be getting fairly even wear across the tread but interested to know what your running to get such good wear on the road. They are pretty exy tyres but I guess I saved a little buying them second hand of Brendan
i run 32psi on road and on sand ive dropped them to 10psi front and 8rear and still haven't rolled a bead.

i think sheps or sending it to mendham engineering down in brisbane
Old 11-01-2010
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Update**

Took the head into Sheps today and asked them to give it a valve grind and surface, also took my 2 broken radiators to radiatorworx and asked them if i could get one good untit as i have one with a cracked top tank and one with a cracked bottom tank but they told me it cant be done because they cant get the o-rings to re seal it.

so i gave nathan a ring at Just alloy Radiators but got no answer.

also got a quote on a Full brass & copper radiator from radiatorworx was around $530

Cheers
Old 12-01-2010
RustysRocker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nick thats not a bad price, I paid 540 for my brass/copper unit from Coxons a couple of years ago.

I just replaced the water pump on the weekend with the thermostat as well cause there was coolant leaking down the block. Turned out to just be a worn out pump gasket but better safe than sorry I guess. Tested out at the bow wow on Sunday - running sweet as
Old 17-01-2010
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

havent done anything with the radiator yet, still waiting for parts.

need to weld the top of the a/c condenser mount back on and start cleaning bolts ect to be put back together..
Old 18-01-2010
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just hit customs, here comes the fee's....