WH 5.7 Engine Oil - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-04-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Done 27000km now mostly country roads and set runs.
Best with 0w-20 10.5L/100km after 1500km with only 4 stops and a couple of towns.
Kalgoorlie to Leinster and back 700km 11.2-11.7L/100km
Same trip on 0w-30 12.6-13L100km

MDS seems to hold in there longer going up grades on 0w20 were the 0w30 would kick out as soon as it hit an up grade

I do this trip regularly so I am pretty sure it is not the wind or weather affecting the economy. Always on adaptive cruse. 112km/h speedo = 100km/h tom-tom.
Old 28-04-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLaugesen View Post
Just bumping this up for the Search Engine Gods.
I've just put Penrite HPR 0 0W-30 in my hemi (posted here).
It's rated for use where 5W-20 is spec'd, and it seems to be working great for me, definitely no problem with the MDS.

From the research I've done over the last couple of weeks (calling the manufacturers & distributors help-lines), I think this stuff is the "most appropriate" oil sold in Aus for our engines.
Also worth noting that the Penrite help-line was by-far the most informative, they seemed to have the market for engines like this nailed down.

... of course there'll be other oils around as-suitable (or even more suitable?), but I feel better when the manufacturer mentions my specific engine on their marketing material and datasheets LOL.
Penrite is excellent stuff! And the customer service and technical backup is superb.

A few years ago I was having some trouble finding Penrite DX-VI Trans fluid as I wanted to change from DXIII when I did the trans service on the Jackaroo. They took the time to send me 8 litres.

I'll likely being using Penrite Enviro+ 5W-30 in my CRD when it arrives.
Old 18-05-2012

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hi everyone first post on here but been lurkin around reading alot, i too had problem with finding the right oil for my HEMI but today that all changed Lucas oil have got a 5w/20 just bought 5litres for $45 from the head office in Queensland.the guy in the office was really helpful but said if yous are interested dont go in there of a tuesday or a thursday as the office girl wont sell to the public go figure?so will be doing my oil change this week and see how we go.hope this helps.

Last edited by 10*over; 18-05-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 18-05-2012
MudSplasher

Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts

Hmmm... how's that gonna help me??? It'll help the members from QLD for sure.

Maaaate, that's really cheap, $45 for 5L, that's unbelievable. If it's not available for public, are they a distributor??? Can you ask the fella if there's a way for us in Sydney (and other places) to get that oil.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x
Old 18-05-2012

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

yeh they are australia's head distributor but if you call the freecall 1800 686 632 he said he could hook you up with someone in your state.
Old 18-05-2012
MudSplasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10*over View Post
yeh they are australia's head distributor but if you call the freecall 1800 686 632 he said he could hook you up with someone in your state.
Cool, thanks mate. I'll give 'em a call.

Old 15-09-2012
MudSplasher

Didn't call Lucas but found a good deal on Royal Purple on Amazon and thought to see if it works sourcing oil that way as another AJOR member (mek67j) recently purchased ATF fluid via Amazon from the US. Plus it works out cheaper for a premium brand than getting the Mopar oil here. Here's the link:

All up $137 including shipping. Let's just hope it works and gets here.

Post New Thread  Reply