Mopar KK Lift Kit - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Yep....good old RTA.
Old 13-10-2011
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Fitted the MOPAR lift last weekend, took me about 5 hours but very happy with the result so far. I got the lift kit, the transmission and transfer case under body protection for $1100 in Brisbane. The dealer wanted $650 to fit the lift, but even though Ive been off the tools for a while I thought I should get to know the car a bit better, not to hard just a little frustrating they should make designers work on cars.
Old 01-11-2011
AJOR Silver

Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
Default My first post, Hi!

Upon collecting my KK from the dealer this week I found it parked next to another that was lifted. Thanks to the dealer I got in contact with the owner and learned that it has a 40mm Dobsons kit fitted. The owner goes offroad on fishing trips and has been very happy, although he's never driven a factory standard KK for comparison. One good thing I noticed was his rear mud flaps were not scraped!

Apparently the dealer had installed the lift, 255 Coopers ATRs and an ECB bullbar to help promote the offroad ability of their KK demonstrator - I thought that was interesting? Might answer CibbyDoc's question about who may be the local supplier, but I really think the Mopar kit would be imported.

Anyway I got a quote from Dobsons Sydney shop this week: $902 inc GST + $275 for fitting, so less than $1200. Anyone else have any feedback on Dobsons? As far as my Jeep dealer quoting the Mopar lift - dead end! Spare parts guy just wasn't interested....sigh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0600.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	50866   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0599.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	50867   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0614.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	50868  

Last edited by KKnut; 03-11-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong brand
Old 02-11-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts

My local guy was the same, actually the worst jeep dealer I've ever seen. I had to buy my KK from Sydney because the salesman here didn't want my money, then I had to drive to Albury to get the Mopar lift because the same blokes here in Wagga said they didn't know anything about it. The Mopar will cost you the same so why not chase a diff dealer and get 50mm of lift?

don't wanna hijack the thread and talk about front bars but in that photo the bumper still goes down in front of the wheels behind the bar?
Old 03-11-2011
AJOR Silver

Hi Vards, yes the bumper does still exist intact behind the alloy bar. I had to take a closer look myself. In fact you could remove the bar and the front would be as before, except for some black plastic missing from the lower air intake where the bar mounts to the chassis I suspect? (I'll post a close up image when I find it). Not confident it would provide any where near the protection the KJs get from the ARB bar.

I agree with you regarding the Mopar kit, but I don't want to have to chase and beg a Jeep dealer to take my money. That said, did someone mention the part number, hopefully that should make it easier to get a useful response?

Just had a thought, my cousin is in Vegas next week - I wonder if the Jeep dealers there like to sell their goods? Could be a bit cheaper and I also need to get all the underbody protection plates too. Anyone done this or have any thoughts?
Old 03-11-2011
AJOR Silver

In attempt to keep things on topic it can be seen in the images posted below that the Dobsons kit sits a little lower at the front, which could be blamed on the bar and that this particular lift kit comes in one size carries all.

Surely the Mopar kit would suffer similarly if a bar, winch, dual battery, etc gets added to the front end? Guess that is the benefit of the CRDSTU kit in that these options can be considered when ordered.

That will be my segway for why I have also posted close up images of the bar, so you can see how heavy it is! (Not because Vards is interested).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0598.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	50902   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0597.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	50903   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0601.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	50904   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0603.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	50905  
Old 03-11-2011
Established Member

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I got my lift kit from CRDSTU. I also have the TJM winch bar (made for the previous model), which with detailed instructions from Ben Taylor I was able to do the job myself. Taking measurements with a full tank of fuel the front and back were dead level.
Post New Thread  Reply