Playing around with the 2.7 software (ECU and TCU) - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-03-2022
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 73 Times in 65 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

This thread has my undivided attention!! Great to see , I hope to learn a lot from you guys. Its a bit of a coincidence, but I had only just ordered a Kess V2 the day before the first post.
Any way keep at it please !
Old 30-03-2022
Back again

Liked 63 Times in 53 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sure will. I shall continue to post my journey along the way. The good and the bad. AdrianD and I both thought it would be a good idea.

Hopefully it will help demystify the area as too many forums seems to want to keep it all hush hush.

I used to deal a lot with PLC programming and control systems in industry. All too often I found people thought it was all just "black magic". It isn't, and I spent a fair bit of time sharing the knowledge and showing people the insides of what happens, and how it was all pretty simple really.

Not trying to profess myself as an expert (although give me a gas turbine and I reckon I would be all over it), and AdrianD has without got a huge amount more experience than me. What I do have though is quick learning and a willingness to share what I have learnt.

Last edited by RTB; 30-03-2022 at 07:24 PM.
Old 30-03-2022
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oclock View Post
This thread has my undivided attention!! Great to see , I hope to learn a lot from you guys. Its a bit of a coincidence, but I had only just ordered a Kess V2 the day before the first post.
Any way keep at it please !
So what were your plans with the Kess V2?
Do you have a goal in mind? Make sure you post here anything interesting you get up to with it. As AdrianD said. The more brains, the better.
Old 30-03-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 73 Times in 65 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I have a WG 2.7crd and also have a WH 3.0 crd. So I hope to do some mods to both of them. For the WH the first thing is an EGR delete and then may be bit of a tune, more for economy than power crazy, since the main reason for having the WH is to tow a caravan and general touring.
As for the WG I would like to disable some of the codes that can cause limp mode,or more correctly disable limp mode from some codes. Next would be a bit of a power and eco tune, anything that might make it better in the bush. One ace up my sleeve with the WG is I have an ECU from my parts WG that I could use if I stuff up the ECU.
Alexbrown64 posted some good stuff on useing the Kess on his WH on the WH forum. After reading that I went on ebay to get a Kess but all the local ones had sold,so I just waited till now as some local sellers had a few again. Then next thing AdrianD and RTB start this very thread !! So I am looking forward to a great thread. Just good fun even to see how AdrianD and you and most likely JeanLuke do some useful changes to the ECU files and make the good old WG even better!
Old 30-03-2022
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

Sounds like a good plan. No doubt you have done your own research, but I just thought I would put a few links below of interesting reading.

Make sure you keep us in the loop with how you go.

I had a page marked that showed how to remove the fault codes. Can't find it now, but will put the link up next time I come across it.

https://www.car-auto-repair.com/vag-...s-remap-guide/

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php...tuning.249512/

https://www.ecuconnections.com/forum....php?f=2&t=150

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php...things.375099/

https://www.ecuconnections.com/forum...ic.php?t=29897

https://theksmith.com/software/hack-...p-easy-part-1/

Edit: Here's the code delete link. I've not read it fully, just marked for future reading.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...8418&start=473

Last edited by RTB; 30-03-2022 at 09:15 PM.
Old 31-03-2022
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

Does anyone have a full PID list for the WG CRD?

I can use DiagPro to log things like stroke volume, etc, but I would rather set up these PIDs in the Torque app as I find it more stable, faster, and easier.

Cheers, Rob.
Old 31-03-2022
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

So, new day and a fresh set of eyes.

Tried Windows 7 again, but with no joy. It can read the ECU ID fine, just craps out when going for a full read.

Figured I would try XP SP3 on the old old Dell. Exactly the same thing.

I have it set to medium speed, but the moment it starts to read it says "changing to high speed" and fails. Doesn't seem to matter what I set the speed to.It does this on 3 different laptops, and 3 different operating systems. I haven't tried holding my tongue to the left yet, so might need to give it a go.

I took a look at the adapter in Device Manager, but there are no user configurable sections.

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

Cheers, Rob.
Post New Thread  Reply