WK2 - Rear knocking noise - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi gecko....that was my post.....wk2 goes in for the service on the tuesday after easter......i also would prefer that they dont add shockers until we know what the problem is....it took them some months to sort out the computer clitch that cause a few of us to have numerous flat battery episodes.....time will tell.....hopefully.....
geri
Old 03-04-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Hi geri. I also contacted my dealer yesterday. He assures me that Chrysler are actively trying to reslove the problem and that I will be advised as soon as a fix is released. I guess we can't hope for any more than that at this stage. My issue would be how long a period is an acceptable wait. Assuming the problem is shocks, with the resources that Chrysler worldwide must have you would think the resolution to this problem would be easy (ie manufacture or have manufactured shocks that don't knock). My dealer assures me that there is no safety issue and I do agree with you that there is little point replacing the shock until the problem is resolved. I guess we just hang in there.
Old 03-04-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default frustrated

Called chrysler customer relations twice last week and left messages for them to ring me back.Still waiting.Have now called qld fair trading and they have told me to write to jeep one last time before lodging complaint with them.I have done this last friday and still no reply from them.I am so piss.. off. My complaints are 1.passenger air bag light always on.New wire harness ordered on the 15th jan but cannot get answer when it will be here. 2. car will not start sometimes as it does not reconize the key. New key fob ordered and 3. New shocks ordered again as the dealer said the newer cars do not have the rattle. What the hell am i supposed to do as i am so frustrated with chrysler at their lack of response. I have had this car since nov 2011 and all i want is to get these problems fixed and get on with life.Am i being unreasonable,please somebody tell me.
Old 04-04-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I don't think you are being unreasonable. In regard to replacement parts, there is simply no excuse for those sorts of delays. Where are the parts coming from? I have ordered items on Ebay from the USA and in one case the items was here in 5 days. In todays world of air cargo, I would consider that a delay of more than a week is verging on unacceptable. In regard to the newer vehicles not having the problem. If that is the case then lets have the shocks that are installed in the later models, Seem simple enough. And so it goes on
Old 04-04-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey leo.....the not starting problem was suppose to have been fixed.....but that issue seems to come about with low battery voltage....and that is caused by not having your on board computer reprogrammed to stop the the computer from NOT going into sleep mode.....they can update the computer program with an USB stick the dealers were sent to reprogram the computers.......am supprised yours is still having trouble......the rest of us with that problem have all had ours reprogrammed....in some cases they are waiting for your next service and then doing it then....i am just waiting till i find out they have solver the noisy shockers then having mine replaced......
and yep lodge a complaint with consumer affairs and lets see what jeep do then.....good luck.....
geri (ian)
Old 05-04-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for your comments.As of thursday morning(5 th ) still no reply from chrysler australia,i will wait till close of business today then formerly lodge my complaint with fair trading.I will follow up with the dealer on the computer being re-chiped.thanks for that info.It is such a shame that jeep has the potentil to have a good product in the new grand cherokee but are let down by their after sales service and so called customer relations people.After 25 happy years of driving japanese 4wds they have managed to get me to change but are doing nothing to keep me wanting to buy their product in the future.
Old 05-04-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have what might be a similar problem. When offroad, as the rear wheels come down from a rock onto the ground there is a very loud noise - it's a bit like the tire is very overinflated, and someone hit it with a hammer. It's very like the sound of dropping a tyre a few meters onto concrete. It just seems to putting its tyres down very hard. I haven't pursued it yet as until I get my recovery hooks I'm not off road much, but is this the same problem? I have no issues on the bitumen. It's not a "rattle" or "clank" but a "doinngg