Sprintbooster? - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-08-2012
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Thanx for all your opinions but like I said I like to hear from the guys that did instal it and their feedback, I recieved alot of PM's with positive feedback don't know why they don't post in the thread.

Now just to clarify I will purchase the unit I have the option to use it for 30 days, in that time I will also try the wedge trick also and compare the both if I feel it's a waste of money I can return it and recieve my money back, no money wasted!

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 31-08-2012
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

[quote=fil;1312421]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca2801 View Post

Its a tad ignorant to dis-reguard the responses you dont like as knockers???
Remember this thread was created ASKING for responses and educated opinions...what did you expect to get on a FORUM??

Nah, I wouldn't say its ignorant. I have owned 3 different versions of the s/b an used the on two separate long term jk's, auto and manual, so I can give a quality response and educated opinion.
Missed the point again! Your contributions of opinion were fine but the insults to others differing opinon were childish and petty!

Last edited by Macca2801; 31-08-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-09-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just thought I'd chime in with my experiences.
I also went crazy about the built in throttle lag (in fact theres a thread about it somewhere). Ended up purchasing a Superchips unit which does the same tire correction & throttle 1:1 action correction as the Sprintbooster.

Short answer: it works great and the car drives "normal" now, except for decel which still holds revs for a good 2-4 seconds just like it always did...
The motor is still a massive POS but this mod makes it barely liveable, I wouldn't bother owning a jeep without it.
Old 02-09-2012
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

That lag on decel is largely due to emissions compliance for Kalifornia, (they seem to have the tightest anti pollution regulations, thank you L.A.). And it is also why the vehicle will accelerate when engine braking downhill if you get up to ~2kRPM & again at ~4kRPM.

Personally, I don't understand why they don't just cut fuel & ignition under those conditions, then it is just an air pump & no pollution at all?
Old 02-09-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The missus had a new rear muffler installed on Friday for Fathers Day - I had no idea she had done it til I was crawling around underneath yesterday installing new shocks (I also hadnt driven anywhere to notice the change in sound)

Response is markedly different, much crisper and smoother acceleration and appears to be significant fuel economy improvement too.

Unfortunately still has the annoying decel lag !

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 03-09-2012
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

I don't think anything short of complete aftermarket replacement ECU can fix that.
Old 23-10-2012
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Ok all I can say is WOW what a difference it made, pickup is better the whole acceleration band is smoother and a bonus the fuel economy is better it dropped almost a liter per 100klm.

It's a different jeep, all my mates who have JKs have test drove my one, they noticed the difference pretty much straight away and especially when they got back in there jeep.

A drag race had to be done, stock diesel unlimited with the "wedge" vs mine unlimited crd 35" with sprintbooster on green, left him off the mark and kept going.

I love it!

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Post New Thread  Reply