navigation map upgrade - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-01-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Success! I wasn't getting anywhere, even though every script was correct. Started thinking of what you said to someone Mousie, check for residual files from a previous installation. So I thought my Rax Jailbreak delete may be the culprit. Installed Rax again, then immediately rolled it back. Next, I ran the modded .sh files again and there she was! I'll check again tomorrow, but a quick move around the map showed a newly opened bypass a couple of km away, so I'm quietly confident.
The only side issue is an overly large arrow and no option to change it. A small price to pay for 2020 maps! Now, I'll have a look at how to re-engage the SRT gauges I lost deleting Rax. They come in handy when towing my van.
(another thing is when I re-installed Rax, then rolled back, I ended up with Ver.16-13-13. Do you think that will be an issue? I tried to install v.14-25-5 over it, but no go).
Well, you're a real gem Mousie! Thanks again for being willing to share...
Rob

Last edited by eskymo; 17-01-2021 at 08:30 PM.
Old 18-01-2021
CrawlerStar

Liked 255 Times in 140 Posts

Good news and now that your familiar with doing this work, just head over to my tut link to then go to xda developer forums and you can mod to show/add SRT gauges and add DAB radio in product ID if you have not done so. Irrespective of firmware, the maps section stays the same as is not overwritten. Just need to reload the two nav sh and naviserver2. I also thought the pointer was larger but got used to it as was going to change pointer but didn’t bother in the end. If you look at HERE current maps, they are the same file sizes so it’s not just 2020 but detailed Australia maps I love the in drivers dash graphics as well as centre console.

I am not familiar with all those extra programs you have but with current map and manually adding SRT and off road pages, it’s a hoot. Next upgrade Q4 in about 4 months. The only annoying part for me was the 100m and 300m warning chime for safety camera so turned that sound off in settings.

Well done and if you look back, it’s actually easy to do. Have a look at how easy it is to remove speed limiter and other thing as is just making a blank notepad file with correct name and loading the file to remove lockout.

16x is better and I only use 14x as I direct laptop into the system to move files. 16x I was limited to wifi only.

You may want to buy the extras and load current Australia buildings and dem as I end up with a complete map of buildings overlay for a more rich visual in the city areas, for example I have every building in CBD. I’ll have a play and see if I can give you another alt arrow file to load, then select from settings.

Last edited by Mousie; 18-01-2021 at 05:21 PM.
Old 18-01-2021
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks Mousie! I did end up paying for the 3D and dl'd the freebie geo one as well.
What's this offroad/4wd bit I'm reading about! Is it a map or the suspension geometry settings that come with the Overland anyway? (edited after more research) OK, another question: How do I activate the off-road pages? I can't seem to find any xlets in the installation files to indicate them.
I'll run a script file for them and see what happens I guess. Also, I don't have one of the SRT xlet files on the 16.13.13 install ISO. (7DEC7834...) Would it work with just two? Thanks for any input!
Yup, I'm going to continue reading about how to change the settings that you mentioned. Looking forward to tinkering!

Last edited by eskymo; 18-01-2021 at 10:23 PM.
Old 19-01-2021
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Another roadblock! I'm trying to activate the performance pages as per Mousie's tutorial, and input from Leighm0.
I copied the xlet files from uconnect, all good so far.
Edited the properties file in each one, deleting the conditions line, then saving and making them read-only again.
I made a folder on usb, "xlets", then copied the modded xlet files into that.
Then I ran the script below, but nothing changed!

#!/usr/bin/lua
local os = os
-- remove original xlets and copy modded xlets back to uconnect.
os.execute("mount -uw /fs/mmc1/")
os.execute("rm -rf /fs/mmc1/kona/preload/xlets/*")
os.execute("rm -rf /fs/mmc1/xletsdir/xlets/*")
os.execute("cp -rf /fs/usb0/xlets/* /fs/mmc1/kona/preload/xlets")
os.execute("cp -rf /fs/usb0/xlets/* /fs/mmc1/xletsdir/xlets")
--remount mmc1 as read only
os.execute("mount -ur /fs/mmc1/")
os.execute("mount -ur /fs/mmc0/")
os.execute(mountpath.."/usr/share/scripts/mmc.sh stop")
-- script done
Is there anything I missed? Any help would be gratefully accepted.
I don't want to make any more changes until I know I'm doing this right.
Rob
Old 19-01-2021
CrawlerStar

Liked 255 Times in 140 Posts

Rob, I took an extract on what to do here (pasted below from another site) and 6 files total for three vehicle types. Its just remove condition line so easy as. Again, sorry your are working by USB so can you do another download copy of all the files from the below two directories to actually see what is there sitting on your system and were they modded or not. Performance pages is the easiest mod to do so if you can just make a script to copy down to USB and study what is actually there. I think I only ever loaded the two Jeep ones anyway. The script is correct for mounting the directories and finalizing. What do you mean by read only notepad, attributes????

To get the performance pages working ALL you have to do is the following -
Use notepad++ to remove the conditions line from the following 6 text files (I modified the 3 files in both xletsdir and kona directories):

These files below are on 16.16.x so are you missing all of them I can send you a set they will work with just the 2 jeep only but must have both jeep ones eh! Off Road Pages with disableDRM patch file added I had to take off another ISO file with a KIM26 folder on either a late 16X or early 17X ISO Wrangler or similar as our GC's did not have this KIM26. If you search any ISO you will find this folder with all the KIM sub folders, just cannot locate my file as just loaded it.

/fs/mmc1/xletsdir/xlets/6BFD02C0-40C3-11E2-A25F-0800200C9A66/prog/xlet.properties
/fs/mmc1/xletsdir/xlets/7DEC7834-535D-47B5-BD33-695477EDCD57/prog/xlet.properties
/fs/mmc1/xletsdir/xlets/52c79381-6719-11e1-b86c-0800200c9a66/prog/xlet.properties
/fs/mmc1/kona/preload/xlets/6BFD02C0-40C3-11E2-A25F-0800200C9A66/prog/xlet.properties
/fs/mmc1/kona/preload/xlets/7DEC7834-535D-47B5-BD33-695477EDCD57/prog/xlet.properties
/fs/mmc1/kona/preload/xlets/52c79381-6719-11e1-b86c-0800200c9a66/prog/xlet.properties

These are 3 separate performance pages apps for Dodge charger RT, Dodge viper SRT, Jeep cherokee SRT.
The Settings icon will be changed to Apps icon, which is a menu that will include Settings and any of the Performance Pages apps that you choose to remove the conditions line from (Nothing else needs to be done for performance pages to work).
Each app has photos of the corresponding car. Charger app has multiple photos, but displays small gauges. Viper and Cherokee apps are very similar. Cherokee app has an extra gauge for transmission temperature. I have now deleted the Charger and Viper apps from my Uconnect.

Last edited by Mousie; 19-01-2021 at 04:08 PM.
Old 19-01-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 440 Times in 265 Posts

Mousie, can you do all this with the ignition on or does the engine need to be running the whole time? Also why is Notepad++ recommended as opposed to any text editor?
Old 19-01-2021
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks Mousie, I downloaded all xlets fronm kona and xletdir. There were only two in each folder. 7DEC7834 was not there on my uconnect.
When I copied them onto my usb, they were 'read only', so I changed the attributes so I could delete the conditions line. I checked 5he original xlet files against a couple of original .iso versions and they were identical. I'll redo it tomorrow and double check the files. I may even extract the xlets from an original iso to make sure they're ok. Should I add the one that's not on my uconnect?
edited: I actually have the kim26 xlet files! Where does it go in the uconnect file system? In kona and xletdirs? Can't understand where it's going wrong... I'm double-checking each file as I go.

Last edited by eskymo; 19-01-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply