Do I own the only JK lemon in Australia? - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2009
Sideways Slammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Hi David,

I have been servicing our vehicles at Mandurah Jeep now since 1995.

I feel your pain when things go wrong. In 05 we purchased a new KJ with 14km on the clock from Melvile Jeep. It shipped itself 1km from there drive way. It was put on a truck and we did not see it for 6 weeks. It was given to us with a busted transfer case. The clogs inside the case were not machined correctly and it just went bang. Got it back 6 weeks later and the 1st morning I get up and see a puddle of coolant on the floor. Water pump gone. Back on a truck. Get it back a week later another water pump. Spent the next 18 months wasting my annual leave at Melvile service getting the thing fixed. Then there was a recall on the transmission. Get the car back and 1hr later whatever they did to it it would not move from D to R. Back on a truck. As soon as it was fixed went straight to VW and handed the key of the KJ. I couldn't look at another Jeep for 2 yrs. Took 2 yrs to break even with all the money lost. But it was a lemon and just made me sick. So 2 years after owing the VW what did we do?
Got another KJ and an MK and spent so far about 12K on mods and love them to death. There a pain in the rear end yes but it must be a Jeep thing.

I think all car makers have lemons. I'm sure that there are more than one JK,KJ,MK,KK etc... that are lemons. But that could be said for all other brands.

I was looking at a Defender in Oct last year before getting the KJ. I did some research on that vehicle on Defender forums in Aust and I can tell you there are some scary posts out there. So I went with the heap.

MK aka Heap 1
KJ aka Heap 2
Old 03-05-2009
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yes i belive the statistics ( kept by govt or those who keep them) generally show landrover and jeep as the two most fault ridden vehicles on the road, or max recalls or whatever, neither hav a good record, but read in the alst week where landrove rhave finally got their act together and the new one out is a top vehicle. can only hope fiat control of jeep does the same thing for jeep in the future. at least they can run a company profitably and forcast a profit for their current financial year inspite of the meltdown. better give the thread back now, a day or two ago nearly every active member of this forum was given a warning for off topic posts.
Post New Thread  Reply