What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 700 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2011
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

make that 600. Oh well better now than stuck 600ks away on the Peninsula.

Regards A
Old 11-03-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
Just took delivery of some goodies, been waiting a little while but worth it, now I can finally get my front end set up with the combo of adjustable arms, offset balljoints and an adjustable panhard (courtesy of Mr Wooders) along with build up what I hope will be a good, quiet and reliable 3.73:1 d35 with a Detroit Trutrac, Zg disc brakes, aluminium cover (with drain plug, yeah!) and ABS.
All in all a bit of work to be done to the little red sport but should be worth it....
Nice one... yea, you do have some work ahead of ya... !!
Old 11-03-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

A personal digital multimeter is your friend Anthony!

Today well I fabbed up an galvanised steel stand off to secure my thermo fan's base section, cable ties can only last so long y'know? concrete reo scraps sure are useful LMAO

Lovin' that in-car PC installation Steve! showing your geek roots now!
Old 11-03-2011
It's a JK Thing ;)

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 105 Times in 64 Posts
Default Sliders from Arizona ;)

Well its been a few weeks wait but hell it was worth it , Of all the places to find myself a set of sliders i never thought it would be friggen FACEBOOK ,,,,,STONE SOUP METAL WORKS hahaha, but hear they are all the way from the USA FOR $640 USD Delivered , final welding will take place during fitting but you get the idea of how they will sit when all together , now i just need to find the time to fit the E-Lockers & 4.56 Ratios along with the A9X scoop & Snorkel , im good but i dun think ill knock it all off in 1 weekend lmao

Last edited by ozjeepster; 22-03-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2011
It's a JK Thing ;)

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 105 Times in 64 Posts
Default Fitted Snorkel today

Well its not a safari snorkel but it fitted up just as easy , only drama i had was putting the 89mm holesaw through the guard , i destroyed 2 brand new holesaws on the guard ,it must have been made out of recycled metal as it ripped the tops off the saws & they aint cheap ones either lmao $120 per holesaw lol , also relocated the blinker & fitted up the washer bottle in the left rear corner of the engine bay , i might tackel the AW4 transmission override 2morro if these beers stop going down range hahaha have a good weekend guys

Last edited by ozjeepster; 22-03-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whew,spent the day doing a job I'd been dreading.Changing the front upper control arm bushes.These are the only ones that are pressed in,and into the top of the front diff to boot.The rest are just a swap out of the arms.These bushes were flogged right out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After a titanic battle I got them out.

Heavens knows how much labour I saved.

New upper arms go on in the morning.

As you can see the old oil leaks gave it a fine undercarriage coating.Great to stop the beach salt rusting it up.

I disconnected the panhard rod and draglink(steering arms) to give easy access to the upper mounts.Just used a cable tie to hold the arm back out of the way.

Last edited by Easy Rollins 1; 13-03-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 13-03-2011
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,113 Times in 693 Posts

Good job there buddy, that tools makes it much much easier!!!!

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Post New Thread  Reply